1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Postin SKEET questions on here

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhett1977, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I have noticed the sheer hatred for skeet shooters on this website so I have invited all my skeet brethren to post all the SKEET questions they can think of. Yes, I am a butt head. I just want to show trap shooters they are not the elite shotgunners in the world. I like to shoot trap, although I do find it a bit boring, but I shoot sporting clays also. We SKEET shooters always say, trap is for the people that can't make it shooting SKEET. SKEET rules.
    Rhett

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

yah right heh heh....

why not post on skeetshooters.com???

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Skeet is hard to learn and easy to master. Trap is easy to learn and hard to master. Skeet is like one big singles trap event, none of the really good shooters miss. Try some 27 yard trap targets and get back with us.
    Doug Allison

4. fly

fly Active Member

Amen.

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Skeet shooters, sporting clays shooters, etc. welcome here! If you shoot a shotgun sport, we are all brothers & sisters in clay shooting!

6. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I have shot from all yardages with my weenie 3/4 oz skeet loads. I shot 23 straight from the 16 yard line the first time I went out. I really don't find trap boring, I just have met a few trap shooters in Kansas and when I asked to look at their guns, they gave me a look and said, "do you shoot trap?" I told them I mostly shot skeet and they started talking bad about skeet and told me under no circumstances could I shoot their guns (Browning bt-99). I had a skeet shooter that didn't kn ow me give me his $20,000 kreighoff and said here go shoot a few rounds with it. That is what I was really trying to bring out here. Are all trap shooters this way? Thanks for the replies

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

rhett, no one here hates skeet shooters. It's just that we think pink heels and big hoop earings with petal pushers and a tank top are a bit of a distraction when the skeet fields are nearby to the trap fields.

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

If I asked to take your car for a drive would you let me? It's kind of the same thing with guns.

9. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I have a skeet question, When a skeet shooter irons his pink skirt, is starch absolutely necessary?

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Sic 'em rhett. Hit 'em with your purse.

Booger

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Posting a skeet topic before all these trapshooters?

I admire your courage and keen sense of odds, mister.

12. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Booger,
    what a name. i have a few of them in my nose. Nope, no purse here. I thought trap shooters sere the only gay shotgunners.

13. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Wireguy, now let me get this strait, trap shooters find skeet shooters attractive. Is that what your saying!!! Because I shoot trap and have not found this to be true where I'm at. LMAO. Break-em all Jeff

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

All kidding aside Rhett I like to shoot some skeet. I think it's a fun game. I LOVE low 8. Having been raised in the country though my outfits run more to herringbone tweed skirts and sensible shoes. LOL, wireguy

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. Really LMAO. Break-em all. Jeff

16. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

wireguy,
    a trapshooter with a sense of humor. Thanks for the honest replies. I said I had limited experience with trap shooters. It makes me feel good to know that there are good guys (and gals I guess, not sure if women shoot trap, sorry) in all shotgun sports. But no I am not a troll (nit sure what that is either) I just really wanted to get some information. This has been a helpful site to me and I appreciate the help. Sorry if I offended anyone, just tell me and i will apologize personally. Thanks,
    Rhett (no purse or pink shirts)
    p.s. i need to go buy a pink shirt now. lol

17. jhjanko

jhjanko TS Member

I shoot skeet because I originally came to clay targets looking to improve my bird hunting ability. I later discovered trap and eventually came to the conclusion that handicap trap may be the closest we will ever come to the perfect competitive venue.

I shoot them all. I carry an ATA card, a NSSA card and a NSCA card. All fine sports and loads of fun.

18. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I got tired of busting them all in skeet so I took up trap.

19. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

My first straight in Skeet came the 3rd time I tried it. Trap took quite a bit longer. I shoot skeet, 5-stand, wobble, and sporting for fun. I am serious about trap.

Rich (shoot them all) in Indiana

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Everytime I look over at the skeet field it seems the shooters are all lined up "belly to butt" waiting to shoot. What are they doing waiting like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.