1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Postage Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

About 15 or so years ago, PETA had a mass mailing to the public looking for donations. At that time, there was talk that those (like most of us)received these mailings, laughed, and tossed them in the garbage, but some had decided to turn the tables on PETA and took there "postage paid" envelope, taped it to a brick, and mailed it to PETA.

Now it's my understanding, that regardless, PETA had to pay for that extra postage for that ten pound brick.

Is this true, and, does it hold true today? My wife gets this shit from PETA and the ACLU a few times each year. My guess is some place sold their mailing list. I sure would like to take the current money begging crap we just got from the ACLU, take their postage paid envelope and tape it to a brick, and sent it to them.

Is this possible?

Doug

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

good idea, but mash above

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Thanks skeet_man. I guess it was plausable at the time, but not now. It's quite obviuos someone got their palms greased to allow the mass-mailers NOT to have to pay any postage they deemed not to their liking....and allow the USPS to eat the charges.

thanks again

Doug

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

The mass mailers still have to pay some one to sort through all those peices of mail to determine if they are going to accept the pre paid charges.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Even if you mail an empty envelope or one with 1 piece of paper they still have to pay 60 to 80 cents per. plus labor. If many did this it will add up.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.