1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post One Blues

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by geeber, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geeber

geeber Member

I have been away from shooting for at least a year. I shot singles for the first time last week since laying off and was really happy with a 96. I shot again this week and missed 8 for a 92. All but two misses were left hand targets on post 1. I had never had trouble on any certain post until today. I am thinking about shooting a couple practice rounds staying on post 1 only.
    Does this make sense or should I just try to put post 1 out of my thoughts? I normally don't shoot practice at all.

Thanks for your opinions,
    Gary B.

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I think that shooting practice on post one (only) is a terrific idea. There is obviously something you need to figure out or overcome from that position.

However -- although you missed several right angles, do not shoot from a trap machine that is set to throw ONLY rights. If you were to do that, you'd probably find yourself moving the gun as soon as you call for the bird - instead of when you obtain a visual lock upon the target.

Tell you what.........since post ONE is normally one of my stronger posts.....you teach me how to consistantly break post FOUR - and I'll coach you on post ONE. *smiles*

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I miss on all posts..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

4. geeber

geeber Member

I will try holding a lower gun. I hold to the right as for a straightaway. I am going to try to attend a clinic this winter or spring at the Silver Dollar. The hardest thing will be deciding on who to go to.

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Position you feet, which are connected to your "set up" point of hold, (use the same hold), more to favor the left, you'll hit it. Then if you get a straight away, slow down and smoke it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.