1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Office SUCKS BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I got a note on the door for a package that I had to sign for from the Postman. Th bad part was my car was 100 yards away in the drive by the garage where I was cleaning around it. You could see it as you drove in. I later that day went down to get the package. He looked and said it was not there and I had to come back the next day. The next day I got there at 8:38am. They had changed their hours from 8:30am to 9:00am and on top of that they don't have their hours listed or posted by the door. This person then asked for an ID and the first one didn't. It took him about tem min to get the package. I then had to sign the note pad for it. Had to sign and print my name. I just did some chicken scratchen on it and nothing on their part said anything. I then went to the PO's main office and noticed a sign on the door that said if you have a problem call this number. In other words we don't want to talk to people or have anything to do with you. The number wasn't much good either.

The PO was a good system for mailing things years years ago but today its just a cancer in the system. What a pain in the ass it is today.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I don't see that the P.O. did anything to warrant your indignation.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Our postman and office are AWESOME! Maybe you live in a really big city. We only have one post office for our city.

4. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Here in cow country, the PO and the letter carriers are great.

They know us by name, and hand carry parcels to our covered porch.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I always use the Post Office for shipping and I am very satisfied. Bulge.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't see where proper procedure wasn't followed. Its not the Mailmans duty to track you down. He evidently didn't see you or put 2&2 together. I have had to pick packages up that required signature. I have also had to show ID as well and they all know me by name. Proper procedure.

Sent a package from IL to CA. Package was sent to "calkid" on Tueday March 8th and he received it Friday March 11th. Thats as good as any package delivery company. Just say'n...............

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

The front window clerks at my local post office, as well as several others I have visited in a 20 mile radius from me, are now acting like they get a commission to sell you the most expensive shipping method LOL I would like to know if anyone else has had similar experience:

For the last year I have noticed when I ship packages, I will tell the clerk to give me the cheapest rate available. The clerk then reads off Express Mail and Priority Mail rates....then there is an eerie silence, the clerk looking at me and me looking at the clerk..the clerk is standing there waiting for a response from me. So I have to relay my request again, "give me the cheapest rate available.". The clerk will tell me it's Priority Mail. Then I ask to give to me Parcel post. Then and only then, whe I request Parcel Post, they give me the rate for Parcel Post....

I know the USPS is hurting bad financially but to have the window clerks now try to use car salesmen tactics to sucker you into buying a delivery method that you don't want in the first place just signifies that the end is near for the post office system. Well I won't blame the clerks themselves, it's the management making them do this....

Just last week, I told one clerk to give me the cheapest rate available, to ship out a package. She then gives me a Priority Mail price and prints out the label and puts it on my package. I begin to hand over my money when I finally realized what she did and told her I want the cheapest ratem which I say is parcel post. She goes into this song and dance about how Priority Mail is only a dollar more, yada yada yada....I'm like, just give me the parcel post rate that I asked for, that's what I am charging the buyer for. Same thing at other office si have visited at...

just give what the customer asks for....

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Taking all things into consideration I think the USPO does a really good job, personally I have no complaints ... My letter carrier is not only nice but she is nice looking as well and has one hell of a set of legs on her, must be from all the walking or driving ... I make sure I have plenty of nice ice cold drinks for her or them in the heat of the summer and I bet they appreciate that at times ... If they took the time to hunt everyone down you would never get your mail and then you'd be complaining about that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. capvan

capvan Active Member

My local PO is simply fantastic. Granted, I live in a small town in Vermont, but they bend over backwards to take care my needs. I've had very incomplete addresses on things, but they always manage to know it's me..

No complaints at all. Take a look at other countries and you will realize just how good we've got it.

cap

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Post Office doesnt seem unreasonable in this situation.

Change your expectations

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Had to sign and print my name. I just did some chicken scratchen on it"

That will teach them. I bet they'll think twice before they ask again.

12. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

The little pink/orange slip has printed on it, something like available the next day, (remember the postal guy has to return to the post office with your package)…How would you feel if somebody else had got YOUR package without any proof of who they were……GRUBBY

13. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Auctioneer

You should call the number back and the first words you should speak are "do you know who I am". That always starts things off on the right foot. If they don't know who you are, run Gene's name up the flagpole. Then you'll have their ear for sure.

Servn99

I have nothing bad to say about the Post Office. The folks behind the counter are Sales and Service Associates. They try to sell. It's their job. Car salemen do it too. A polite "no thank you" usually gets you back on track.

et al

Auctioneers exist to try to get more money out of you and terms are usually "as is, where is". Service? "fogedaboudit!" But I guess that's different.

Bob

14. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Yeah, there are times when any govt. agency is a PIA, but then that's true for a lot of private businesses too. Just depends on when you catch 'em, can go either way. For my part, I still think it's pretty good when I can send a letter (remember those) across the country in three or four days for way less than $1. I shipped two packages from Oregon to two different addresses in the midwest yesterday, they'll be delivered to the respective doorsteps before the end of the week, and my total bill was $15 - and that only because I insured both packages. All in all, it's a pretty good deal.

15. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Auctioneer isn't hitting the "sauce" again.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

What do you mean again when did he ever stop hitting it??????

Bob Lawless

17. white rattler

white rattler Member

I use the Post Office for all my shipping and I think it is great. You should try the Canadian system then you would have something to bitch about. Trevor Dawe.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We live in a small town and ours is pretty good was a pita a few years ago though, but got a new boss in and it got straighten out.

But one good thing my wife did a couple of years ago when they first came out with the forever stamps, they were 36 cents each, and since we had our business she bought $2,000 worth, still have about 1,500 worth, not too bad of an investment

19. oz

oz Active Member

I have waited for the postman and when i walked out to the box i found a "sorry we missed you, just drive 10 miles to the PO and get your stuff tomorrow" i was there and they didn't care to check. another time I had just came out the front door and saw the postman throw a package out his window onto my driveway. these guys get big bucks, they should get off thier asses.

20. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

So the postman rings the bell to deliver a package and is met by the blone lady of the house who is wearing a nightie. She invites him in and serves him up a scrumptious breakfast. Takes him by the hand and leads him to the bedroom and proceeds to give him a really good time. Hands him a dollar and leads him to the door. He says this has been the best Christmas gift ever from a customer, what brought all this on. The lady says she asked her husband what to give the postman for Christmas and the husband says screw him give him a dollar. She says breakfast was my idea!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.