1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

'Post it on AR-15.com!'

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by johnhefley, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I gotta hand it to you, Oz. I give you an A+ for showing up on EVERY single AR-15 related sale thread on the site since I joined.

And of course, without fail, and like a joke we all love, you treat us to the punchline "Post it on AR-15.com". I DO laugh every time I see it. But first, my brain tells me "wait for it..... wait for it... BAM! There it is: "Post it on AR-15.com." I laugh my ass off.

On the serious side, I have to hand it to the webmaster here. This site is FAR superior, far simpler, and far more easy to navigate than AR-15.com.

The administrators at AR-15.com are VERY quick to "lock" posts for the most minor infraction of their voluminous rules. In fact, I recently bought a little something-something (I can't mention what it is, because "they" are listening, and my tinfoil hat is out at the cleaners) on AR-15.com. The transaction went well, and I quite enjoyed it - as well as getting to know the seller (by phone).

Anyway, the seller had posted a reply to a prospective buyer or something. One of the administrators detected that the seller was trying to "BUMP" his ad, and locked it up. The poor buyer couldn't figure out how to get the ad unlocked, and I am unable to even post a positive review for the seller on that site because the post is locked! To add to all of this, I can't even get the administrator who locked the ad to reply to me so I can make a positive feedback for this seller.

As we all know, things don't operate that way here (thank God). It's a lighter, friendlier site, and personally, being an equal-opportunity gun lover, I quite appreciate the opportunity to look something over on this site without worrying that it'll be snatched up before I blink - all very much unlike AR-15.com.

So to those guys selling AR's and AR gear, I say, "Keep those goodies coming. Let us have a crack at them. And if you CAN'T sell them here, by all means, "post it on AR-15.com". Your goodies will sell in the blink of an eye, leaving you wondering if you had charged enough."

Just my two cents. (again)
    jh

2. ouch

ouch Member

0   0   0

I guess some consider it " Poor business " but it just seem proper to offer something shooter related to your shooting friends,Club members , And forum members in that loose order, Then to the rest of the world. Just my thoughts. Richard

3. 19539trap

19539trap Member

0   0   0

I have 2 JP Ar,s for sale. Should i post them there?

4. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

Should we start posting "Post it on AR15.com" on every for sale thread?

5. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

only if you want to sell them. AR15.com is a little more technical than trapshooters. I like it sorry if the whiners don't.

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

0   0   0

Oz,

Al was taking care of business on his thread, and you found it important to write, "Post it on AR-15.com"?

JMHO,

Steve

7. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Here's what I find REALLY hilarious: I don't think you can even MENTION another website on AR-15.com.

I happened to casually state that I had advertised something on armslist.com, and my post was edited by one of the moderators, and I was given a warning!!!

At the same time, here on trapshooters.com, EVERY seller of an AR item is told to "Post it on AR-15.com" - something that would get OZ kicked off of the very site he's telling us to do business on!!!!!!
    jh

8. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

Just trying to help al out. I have found and sold many items on ar15.com Most items on trapshooters are off topic or old fart topics like I just got a new knee or colonoscopy, or my dog died. sounds like lyrics for country music. I get tired of letting people know about ar15 or gunstock sites. I don't know if they got their gunstock or sold their non bt99. trap is boring even though
    i have shot 100 registered. sporting clays is more fun. keep on whining old farts.

9. SBray

SBray Active Member

0   0   0

Oz,

Well now I believe I have misunderstood you. I got the impression you didn't want anyone selling AR-15s on ts.com. Instead, it seems, from your last post, you were just trying to be helpful. My apologies to you!

I still feel that you could have sent him, or anyone else, a PM to let them know about another site. I think the thread should have not gone off topic from what Al originally was clarifying.

(I will delete tha last comments from my earlier post.)

Steve

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OZ a great and mighty wizard? Just an old windbag behind a curtain. :)

11. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I spend as much time on ar-15.com as I spend on trapshooters.com. But I certainly don't sense the level of camaraderie or "trust" that I've come to enjoy on trapshooters in my short time here.

And like Oz, I enjoy other shotgun sports - sporting clays and skeet, in particular.

And I'm not an old fart - not yet, at least.

Richard made my point perhaps more succinctly than I did - that is, offer it to friends, club members, fellow forum members, etc. before throwing it out into the ethers, where it will unarguably be sold.

We're not all idiots. And we're certainly aware of other websites. And if we didn't know about the existence of AR-15.com after your many, many, many suggestions to move our AR business there, something's wrong.

At some level, you have to eventually realize that your frequent suggestion to take our business elsewhere comes across as less than helpful, and seems more like scolding.
    jh

12. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

just to make a point I usually go to joeletchen.com if I am looking for a shotgun.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

oz... you are better than us "whiners". Thanks for blessing us with your presence

14. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Gee OZ, we are sure glad ya cleared up how ya really feel about TS.com posters.

You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. GMHO

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Not every AR15 owner is a member or, or even lurks at, ar15.com. I don't.

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

This is not national news. But worthy entrant to the gun debate. Tells of yet another tortured man with access to guns and likely to use them shortly. Thwarted this time. Minnesota location

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/187610601.html

17. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've seen it all now.....TS.com calling AR.com uptight and anal!

Classic.

18. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

It's not TS.com calling AR15.com uptight and anal....It's the anal retentive old farts doing the calling.

19. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

0   0   0

Wrong category, post it in off-topic. C'mon, you had to see that coming.

;)

Ed

20. gena321

gena321 Member

0   0   0

Just because I love shooting trap, sporting clays, and skeet doesnt mean that I dont enjoy my rifles, including my ar-15. Yea!! I say list them here..list anything here that people enjoy shooting. Oh yea, my real love is my AirArms pellet rifle..LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.