1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Five

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

On Post's 1 & 5 the targets are the easiest to hit...no surprises! On Post 5 you have a straightaway and all the rest are right angles....just the opposite on Post 1.

So, the furthest distance to the target for you is the 6" between your ears.

Just hunker down and break 'em....quit worrying about the other people, they already know how to miss!

Curt

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

wood on wood and swing the damned gun and pull the trigger.

Problem is in your head and you think its going to fast. Resulting in you lifiting your head thus causing the gun to stop moving and you shoot 10 feet behind it. Your head is on the target so you think you should be smoking it But the gun is lagging.

When in doubt, its you lifting your head. 90% of lost targets are due to this or the gun don't. That could be the issue too if you are dramatically changing your stance. It could change the LOP how the gun fits in your shoulder.

When in doubt, wood on wood and just look at the leading edge and not the bead. Your natural instincts will give you the lead.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Trolling...a trolling....a trolling we will go!

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don't wind your self up like a spring ready to uncoil to the right. It will mess up all of the other angles. Take your normal stance on post five with your feet not too wide spread. Make sure you left knee is no more than very slightly bent (about 1/4 inch). Then, without moving your right heel, move your right toes about 3/4 of an inch to the right. You can test how much this helps while standing up right now in front of your computer and swinging. Swing before and after rotating your right toes slightly to the right.

Next, get the post five thing out or your head. When I practice, I dump 50 shells in my pocket and shoot them from post one. Then I get another 50 and shoot them from post five.

Pat Ireland

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Just what we need on this site. Another $hit for brains troll.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Take a case of shells out to #5. Shoot'em till you hit them. Keep doing that until your brain figures it out.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,
    He just shot the computer. Now you've done it! HMB

8. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I agree with shot410. Hammer away on post five. But from now on start on post 5. Most people concentrate better when they are fresh, so make it easier and start on that post.

9. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Pat,

Thanks for the tip. I too have trouble on post 5 for some reason. I had a tough time hitting it last weekend, only about 50%.

The old saying comes to mind, "perfect practice makes perfect", knowing what to practice goes a long way.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.