1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post and Thread Deletions????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hooptied, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooptied

hooptied TS Member

Over all the years that I've been reading Trapshooters.com it seems that only very recently have there been a lot of threads and posts deleted by a moderator as well as some bans. Now I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the actions, I do disagree with the inconsistent application of the rules. There are some threads/posts that are deleted that relatively benign when compared to some others that keep going strong and are still available when searched. I definitely CAN NOT be based on complaints only, because I've e-mailed them at info@trapshooters.com about these same threads with obnoxious language and not one of them have been deleted!

What are the criteria for a post/thread to be deleted?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

One should realize that this site is privately owned and maintained. You can use it because the owner has extended you a privilege and if the owner decides that a thread and/or subject needs to be deleted, then they have that power as the site is theirs to do with as they see fit.

They should however place a disclaimer/warning that "Thin-Skinned" people need to stay away!

Curt

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

hooptied, remember also it's just a click or two for you to delete your own posting or reply. There are a number of people that think better of a remark made or realize the remarks they made were not well thought out or a number of other reasons to delete rather than edit. You may be seeing some of those too.....Bob Dodd

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

BTW, the basic rules are posted above the list of thread and additional reminders can be found below the reply window should you want to review them....Bob Dodd

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you are afraid to post your name and have multiple IDs- I think your threads should be deleted if controversial

without a name behind the claim its zero

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. hooptied

hooptied TS Member

Actually my complaint is not the deletions or banning by moderator but the inconsistent willy nilly application of the rules. Understand that you can delete your own posting but I've been seeing more threads that the moderator posted that so and so your post(s) were deleted. Some of those posts were at or just below the line while others that are far worse and definitely break just about all of the rules are allowed to continue.

If you are going to moderate any threads then all should be moderated not just a select few and all postings should be held to the same standard not a select few.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The fact is that a persons opinion should carry the same weight if a name is attached or not, thats why famous authors used Pen Names ... The validity of an opinion has to be based on the opinion itself and the impact be it good or bad and not based on who said it ... The fact that at times things get deleted is a normal function on TS.Com and is not always the monitors who are usually very resilient when it comes to most things ... Some people say things and wish they had not and they delete them also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

I think the delete/edit function should be eliminated. There are far to many on this site that use it to antagonize and and attack others only to edit or delete what they said when they get a response from the person or those that they are trolling.

Get rid of that function and it would change the way allot of people act.

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

MIA ... there are also ways that the moderator/administrators of this site can keep a track of how many different sign-on/user/accounts come from the same computer/IP/person and to those with multiple accounts they should all be deleted and that particular person banned from registering again.

This would also begin to change, for the much much better on how people act and treat others on this site.

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Even though there are those who think some of us have multiple names I have one and only one name on TS.com.

Yes I have led some to believe I have others but I only have one. It is better to let some believe what they wish to believe when they wont believe the truth so for those who think I have mulitiple personalities you might be far more correct than those who think I have multiple sign on names.

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I have called to the attention of a poster what they have said in their past threads but only after I have saved them. If their past thread embarrasses them, they will soon delete their past posts. If you see someone who has been on here a while and has only a few posts.... it may be they don't post often or they erased them. I try to post only things that I would not mind having brought back up and shown again. IF we need to delete our old messages to save David some hard drive space, he will tell us. Think before you write in anger. I learned at a young age that eating crow was tougher than eating pheasant! IMHO Omaha

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

I just wish the moderator would enforce the rules listed below...I dont see that happening much. Specifically, "All threads containing personal attacks will be deleted"...granted that Anonymous/Ictrapper and a few others of their ilk have amused me with their immaturity...it just amazes me to here of some being banned or having their posts deleted and this guy seems to have carte blanche with personal attacks.

Not that i can't deal with the childish name-calling and harassing (I'm used to dealing with 13 yr olds on gaming sites) it's just that it gets old and adds nothing to the thread.

13. steevo

steevo TS Member

I myself enjoy some fun bantering back and forth at times. As long as it's in fun. However, I don't appreciate the name calling and the putting down of some when they are trying to help others or are just giving their opinion on something. Everyone has a right to their opinion, whether others like it or not. My opinion, is that when someone crosses over the line, and starts to get nasty, the post should be deleted. They should get a certain amount of warnings, then banned. But, thats just my opinion. Of course, it would most likely require a person to monitor full time. So, its kind of impossible. It would be much better if folks could just monitor themselves and keep this site friendly. Steve

14. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

What a dip-wad.

Tron.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

stteeevo - lumpy-and rvsublimeass

you are three of the biggest offenders

regards from Iowa

Gene

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Hooptied,

Why would you take the time to send an email complaining about a thread? Wouldn’t it be easier to just ignore the thread? I see a lot of threads that I simply ignore because I’m not interested.

17. steevo

steevo TS Member

See that, like I said, more name calling. Someone gives an opinion, and because others dont agree, they have to start. Nothing better to do I suppose. The thing is, I came here to begin with because other sites just didnt have as many people involved. So, as more people act like this, this site will end up the same way. People will move on and start a new site. I have talked with many by email about the way this site is ending up. There will be a lot less here soon. Only the idiots left, and they will be laughed at on other sites because they will have ruined this one. Its too bad. I think the owner of this site most likely tries to make it as good a site as he can. It would be a great site if it werent for the ones that are trying to undermine his hard work and ruin it.

18. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

What a Sap.

Tron.

19. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

GN77777, shut the hell up you hypocrite. You have no room to speak about being a OFFENDER. You do alot of preaching but don't EVER do as you preach. Example your FULL NAME you so much want everyone else to post.

As for the deletions, if you have someone who does not like neg things said about this or that subject they will delete it just like the news will not air good things about guns. What I don't like is when they do so they will not give a proper reason for doing. If they don't like you saying something neg about the ATA they and they alone will delete the thread. That to me is being one sided and senssoring (sp) info or thoughts. If the person does not want people to put that kind of thing on his web site then he should not have a web site for such things.

20. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Gene...you crack me up! hahahaha Everything you say is insanely funny. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.