1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4 Titanium shooting glasses !!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    a shooting friend of mine would like me to purchase a used pair of "Post 4 Titanium shooting glasses" for $50.00. anyone know if this brand is any good? i never heard of them before.

Thanks,
    Steve balistreri

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

They are one of, If not, the best.

Jim

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Check the lense material on those Post 4 glasses. If I remember correctly, they use "plastic" as their lense material. Polycarbonate is FAR, FAR safer for your eyes than plastic in the event of a gun blowup or a stray pellet. Also, polycarbonate stops 100% of the UV rays while plastic doesn't.

Of course, it's your eyes, so if saving a few bucks is important to you, then go for it. Personally, I'll spend a few more dollars and get the polycarbonate lenses.

Easystreet

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I agree with everything EasyStreet said regarding lens materials... but back to the point, Post4 frames are well regarded. If the frame is in good condition, you can buy lenses to meet your needs.

Depending upon lens costs, you might consider purchasing a Ranger 3/4 lens set from a dealer like Morgan Optical...

Do you need Rx lenses?! That will up the ante!

My $0.02,

Jay

5. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Used for $50.00 not bad deal, I wear them, just got them last month to be exact. My frames and Rx HD lens were $155. that included shipping and the guy had them to me when he said he would. Comes in a nice case with a spot for two other sets of lens. Got mine from Larry at Extreme Eyewear.

Deb

6. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Senior, if you don't want them I will take them. Good Buy and not plastic lenses on the newer ones. BRGII Use this link to go to their website

http://www.post4optics.com/

7. Easystreet

Below is a direct quote from the Post 4 website. CR-39 is commonly referred to as plastic.

Quote: "Our CR-39 optical quality lenses are the benchmark for sport glasses."

Easystreet

8. Easystreet

Check out the link I posted above. It's a real "eye opener" about eyeglass lense material.

Easystreet

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There was previously an excellent article I referenced in Shooting Sportsman about shooting glasses...

CR39 is about the best alternative for optical clarity when compared to glass lenses. Polycarb doesn't have the optical clarity, but is no slouch either, and is among the best options for impact resistance.

There is a new material coming out/out that is supposed to be as good as polycarb for impact resistance, tintable and has near the optical clarity of CR39 plastic, but I cannot recall the material name - any help here?! Any help on the cost of that new lens material?!

regards to all,

Jay

10. Easystreet

Jay,

The new material is called "Trivex". Click on the link I posted above and it tells a little about it.

Goose2,

This "technical jive" is only important to those who value their eyesight. Feel free to disregard all that "jive" if your eyesight is not important to you.

Bulletproof vests are not important to a lot of cops........ until they get shot. A safety guard on a table saw wasn't important to a buddy of mine a few years ago either. Now we call him "Lefty".

Easystreet

11. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Goose2, easystreet ran out of components so now he just shoots off his mouth. R

12. Easystreet

Goose2,

If you don't want to believe that polycarbonate is 10 times more impact resistant than CR-39 (plastic), then that's your business. My comments about the physical properties of polycarbonate versus CR-39 are easily verified by clicking on the link I provided or by numerous other sources on the internet. It's your eyes. Only you can decide how much risk you are willing to take with them.

Easystreet

13. blaster

blaster Member

Well if a gun blows up I dont think im going to be thinking of glasses but what hit me and were. And you can get uv coat on them. Mike from post 4 has one of the best services around. I think you made a great buy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

post 4 shooting glasses