1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post #4=the worst post in doubles??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Onceabum, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

It has always been my problem post in doubles. Have heard many other shooters (especially right hand shooters) say the same thing. Any comments?

BB

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I shoot it better when I start on that post,I shoot post 3 right target first so if I start anywhere else I have to switch directions there and seems like if I'm gonna have a wreck it's there,mental I'm sure.Jerry

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like 4. You only change first target selection once. Same with 1.

4. miner1

miner1 Member

Don't shoot doubles much, but always request #4 for singles and caps. Like to get all of the rights out of the way, and then if clean going into #1, I feel like I have a better chance of running them.

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I shoot the right bird first on all post.. that way I don't get confused.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Ditto with Rt Handed; My easiest post.

WW

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Maybe these will help. Click the link and scroll down to the charts showing each shooting positions for doubles. Each chart shows two options - shooting the straightaway clay first or always shooting the RH clay first.

8. romie

romie Active Member

I have to make sure i am hugging the stock firmly on 4 and five or i have the same problem. I am not an expert for sure. NOT THE GRIP by the way just cheek.
    Monty

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

On post four do you have trouble with a certain target more often than the other?

Ajax

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

4 is the best to start on IMHO.

11. bigben

bigben Active Member

Booger, posts 4 and 5 are almost the same, however most shooters get into trouble by not holding for 4 correctly, every shooter has a a comfort zone, and if that means holding a bit in front of or a bit behind, fine, the main correction is to get your eyes to the second target as fast as possible, the gun THEN follows and the target will seem like it is suspended, shoot it at a brisk pace, the results are great! incinerate em!

12. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Over the years I did many adjustments on post 4 - some would work for awhile but it was still my worst post. I always liked to start my doubles on post one and did most of the time. There were times I would break the first eighty targets and miss on the next (post 4) post. Since I have mostly retired from shooting now and looking back, I had one hell of a good time while it lasted, misses and all.

BB

13. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

If you have trouble with right hand bird on second shot of doubles from post 4 and 5 , shoot it first !!! Jeff Prigge

14. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I try to squad on 4 as much as posible, you get to see 3 sets of targets before you call your targets, locate something in the background that first target is coming too, and wait for it there, just how I do it.
    Dave B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.