1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4 Optics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JJJ, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I was impressed by the ads of Post 4 Optics in TrapShooting.USA. I called & talked to who I thought was a very knowledgeable & friendly gentleman named Mike. I am having serious problems with my vision & told him when the Ophthalmologist got my vision straightened out,I would be purchasing lenses from him to insert into my frames. I even mailed him pictures of the 8 frames I have so he could indicate to me which he would prefer to work with. I also included a picture of myself so he could see how the Decot glasses fit on my face.I will admit,I have had serious health problems & look like death warmed over. I have tried 4 different times to contact Mike again,all without success.Each time,I left my telephone number & e-mail address.If this is an example of their service,stay away from Post 4. My Ophthalmologist will have my vision straightened out within 2 weeks. Needless to say,I will be going back to Decot for my glasses. Just stating my experience with Mike & Post 4. Let the buyer beware.
    Joe Jordan

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Mike was the Idaho ATA delegate, and was at the Idaho State Shoot from last Thursday through Monday, without internet service. He lives in north Idaho, the shoot was in Boise, over 300 miles away with two-lane mountain roads in between. I doubt he was even home before late yesterday. I'm sure that there are many who share my experience of outstanding service from Mike and Post-4.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I thought Mike was good to deal with but certainly not better than others I have purchased shooting glasses from. I used to be a fan of post 4 glasses but since I have had Rangers I cant say as I will ever go back to post 4. I don't like the nose piece that won't adjust up or down and I had a problem with the lenses falling out at un opportune times that could never be rectified.

In my opinion, go Ranger and never look back.

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I love my post 4 and have always had great service-can say about your service but mine was great.

5. ElmerThud

ElmerThud TS Member

I have had very good advice and service from Tom Donahue with Randolph Engineering glasses.

http://www.texasshootersoptical.com

even though I am in San Diego and he is in Houston.

Recommend him highly

Hugh

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Thanks for your replies,I really appreciated each one.
    Again,many thanks,
    Joe Jordan

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Joe, don't know where you are located or if you are trying to work with Mike locally, but I have had exceptional service from Allan Lehman. He has forgotten more about glasses than most know. Good luck, Harv Shell.

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Morgan Optical

http://www.morganoptical.net/pageDisplay.jsp?pageid=7626

I have bought two sets of Randolph Engineering glasses from him, both RX. Wayne Morgan is a great guy to deal with...

9. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

I have had nothing but great service from Post 4. I called Mike Rinard last week and ordered 4 right lens in my prescription in various colors. I received them Monday. His service is 1st class and he is also a great shot.

Vince McNamara

10. shark1

shark1 Member

Mike Rinard is a true champion of the sport and his work. This man will take the time to help his patients. This man is is a class act in my book. I would purchase again from POST 4. Mike Sharkey, DC

11. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Post 4 has always given me excellent customer service,Mike is the best there is at matching prescriptions for shooting.Jerry Schwartzman

12. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I am located on The Eastern Shore of Maryland. I wouldn't mind driving 200 miles to get a good set of properly fitted glasses. My Ophthalmologist is located in Easton,Maryland. Two weeks ago,I made a trip to Wilmer (Johns Hopkins) & working with my Ophthalmologist they came to the same conclusion as the doctor in Easton. They were about ready to scrape the cornea or replace the cornea from a Cadaver.However,they will be able to get me to 20/30 without such drastic steps.I have been going every other day or twice a week to the doctor in Easton.I am now to the point that within 10 to 12 days will have my corrected vision back to where I can at least see the target As I said earlier,I appreciate all the help.Now,I have a bandage contact lens in the dominant eye.The cornea is healing
    I was at 20/80 & 20/30 will certainly be a big improvement.
    Many thanks,
    Joe Jordan---I do appreciate it. Thank God all the replies have been sensible ones & no wise jerks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.