1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4 Optics

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flinter58, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

This is not new information for this sight - but I just wanted to share my recent experience with Post 4 Optics. A few days ago I ordered a new set of glasses to include prescription lenses and frames. Mike Jr. provided excellent advice and gave me a great recommendation for color. I chose their High Definition True Glow lenses in Desert Glow and Lite Target Orange Glow. The quality and service was absolutely second to none. The glasses arrived very promptly and the quality is outstanding. Thanks Post 4.

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I stopped by his trailer at the Spokane Inland Empire and he exchanged lenses at no cost to me because one had changed color slightly (faded). I have had great experiences with Mike. Thanks Mike Richard

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I agree - great customer service for a quality product.

4. RMG

RMG TS Member

I had exactly the opposite experience with Post-4 Optics as some of you have described. I've never done business with a more incompetent, poorly managed, and dishonest company then Post-4! Mike Rinard is a flat out lier & cheat! When I see him at the Grand Pacific this year he is gonna get a piece of my mind about his business practices!

If you are looking for quality glasses from a quality company that knows and practices excellent customer service, save yourself the trouble and go with Decot!

Randy Gunn

5. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

RMG;
    Pretty slanderous statement my friend. If someone said something like that about me I would attempt to kick his ass or have my friend Burt do it for me. RG PS Why don't you really tell us what you think?

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I have delt with Mike at post 4 on several occasions and couldn't be more pleased with the service.

People should be carefull giving out pieces of their mind. Some have very little to spare.

Jim

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Randy, my results are exactly opposite to yours. I have a serious double vision problem looking left over a shotgun, and though Decot is a little better (but the movable bridge thing is for the birds for sure - it's always coming loose until I glue it and then what's the point? ) only Mike as actually solved the problem. Likewise, I've tried for years to get some glasses for playing pool and some I've gotten have felt like they were twisting my eyes out of their sockets and Mike's are perfect.

Neil

8. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

RMG: Tell us the whole story then. I bet there is much, much more to the story than you say. My opinion... you have diarrhea of the mouth.

I had excellent service. I called and ordered glasses on Monday and they arrived at my house on Friday morning. I am on the other side of the country too.

I think you are the only person I have ever heard of having a bad experience with Post-4 and I am sure you are the only one that has ever publicly bashed them. Calling them liars and cheats????

If I was on the other side of the country and at the Pacific Grand, I bet a bunch of us would be there to refute any of your remarks. If I was Mike, and you talked to me that way... I may have to do something about it.

9. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Mike has been more than fair in his dealings with me. I have a slug of his lenses, and when the new "high definition" colors came out, he did things for me that helped me to get a whole slug of the new high def colors. He is more than up and up on his dealings with me.

I guess it is on how you approach someone when you have problems how they deal with you. As they say, "What goes around, comes around."

Thanks POST-4

Chris Morris

10. RMG

RMG TS Member

What a minute here! Last time I checked this was a public forum where people share their experiences, and information with others. I shared a very abbreviated summary of my two month long ordeal with Mike Rinard, and his pathetic company, Post-4 Optics. If I told you every detail of my experience trying to do business with this jackass you wouldn't believe it anyway because most of you had satisfactory dealings with him. Rinard still owes me money that I am sure I will never see. I'll say it again, Mike Rinard is a lier, and a cheat!

Mr. Morris I agree with you, "what goes around, comes around" which is exactly why I will take every opportunity to make sure Rinard gets what is coming to him!

Randy Gunn

11. DJM

DJM Member

RMG - Do you think that challenging other posters to a fight is improving your credibility? BTW - My Post 4 glasses are fine. Don Miller

12. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

I never threathed you with physical harm. I only stated if anyone called me a liar and a cheat i would have something to say and do about it.

But...buy me a ticket and i would love to fly to California or whereever the Grand Pacific is and see you. No problem at all.

Talk is cheap.

Give me an e-mail and I'll give you my address so you can send me the ticket. I'll be coming from the east coast.

If no ticket can be had, maybe someday when you are in my neck of the woods, e-mail me and maybe we can shoot a round of trap and discuss your problem.

I don't see you name on the ATA shooter's info page. I see a Mike Gunn then it goes to Thomas Gunn. Not a registered Trap shooter??

You said this was a public forum to share info and experiences. All you did is slander a guy. You offered no experiences or info.

Jeff A.

bucpride29@hotmail.com

13. ShooterUSAMom

ShooterUSAMom TS Member

Talk is cheap.........so is a one way airline ticket....... careful for what you wish for.......... jps.

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

I switched to Post 4 this year. Excellent service for me.

Lyle

15. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Mr. Gunn is quite correct, This forum is for the purpose of sharing ideas, and experiences.
    If he had a bad experience, and wish's to share that info. he has that right.
    Last time I checked the 1st Amendment was alive & well.
    However, I find the info. usefull, as I have a new correction to my glasses and will be ordering new glassed between now and the 1st of the month.
    I WAS interested in the POST4 product, However after reading this thread I remember A saying my Old 1stSgt would tell me "Boy if ain't broke, Don't fix it".
    My choice is made
    Thanks Gent's

16. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Post 4 glasses. I am very satisfied. Mike is a professional and a very nice person. In most cases when there is a difference of opinion, we don't hear both sides of the story. Ed

17. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Big Al 29;
    Randy is a PITA shooter, I don't believe he shoots ATA. FYI Richard Actually Randy is a nice guy, I can't figure what got his shorts in a knot. RG

18. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Jim Miller, you seem rational enough; care to enlighten us as to your problems with Post 4?

19. Quick Shot

Quick Shot TS Member

I've been using Post 4 glasses for quite awhile now and have had nothing but exemplary service from both Mike and Mike Jr. Their products are great, their service is great and I would recommend them to anyone.
    Frank Hoppe

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Interesting thread.
    I don't know a thing about Post 4 glasses. I have been using Decots since Bud Decot was at B and L many many years ago. (They called his design the "Decot." Was a typical B & L wire frame with bigger wider lenses.) Every dealing I have had with Decot has been positive. I think their product and service is superb.
    I am interested in both good and bad reviews. I would buy a pair of Post 4s if I thought they really had something technologically advanced and better. I do think that Randy could give us some detail about why he is so angry with Post 4. Facts are usually stronger than invective.
    And frankly, I really don't know why this forum brings out such anger and hostility in social intercourse.
    Is this really the way you folks interact in the world?
    Best Regards to All, Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

post 4 optics review