Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post 4 Optics- Opinions wanted

5K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  JTEA 
#1 ·
After reading an article in the 5th issue of Trapshooting USA I have become very interested in Post 4 Optics. But like anything else, I would like to hear opinions from anyone who has actually used them, especially the new "Glow" lenses.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I use Post 4 and Ranger lenses. For low light the Desert Glow is great. There isn't much difference between that lense and their Vermillion. On the other hand Randolphs CMT is hard to beat in bright sunlight.

Ideal with Mike for my Post 4's & Waybe or Harold @ Morgan Optical for my Radolph's

Phil Berkowitz

#8 ·
I just purchased 3 pair of glow lenses. Copper glow, dessert glow, and orange glow, they are far superioir to any lenses I have. The nice thing is they will make them for any frame. I have Rangers. My problem is I am very sensitive to light and glare, and often squint even in lo light situations, so often times I would have to wear dark lenses just to avoid squinting, at the cost of targets being washwd out. With the Glow I dont have to use dark lenses and the glow really makes targets pop. I think they are great.

#10 ·
I have Decot, Ranger, and Post Four Rx lens. I like Post Four by far the best, as an added plus, Mike is super to work with and does everything possible to make sure his customers are happy. I cannot say enough about his service.

Can be very bright here in San Antonio, personally I feel the orange lens work best for me. CMT's were a little fuzzy.

Larry Hancock

#11 ·
I have a pair Post 4 and I like them. I wish they would get their computer site straighted out so you can just order and make a purchase over the internet without having to call them. my lenses were falling out of my frames and one lens broke when it hit the concrete. the other lens i scratched trying to put the lens in the frame. i was charged for new lenses, but was sent new frames free of charge. over all, i like them.
Steve Balistreri

#14 ·
Hello to all, I have been with Mike and Post 4 Optics for over seven years now. I have seen this company develop over the years from there best in the business plano and prescription lenses to there top notch polaroids, and no into these new technology unmatch glow lenses. I remember sitting with Mike in the grand stands at Vandalia when the first glow lenses were completed. They were just large round lenses in several different colors. We sat there looking throw them all noticing not only did the targets jump out but so did anything orange in the surrounding area. I was very impressed as were all around me. I began shooting in them as soon as they were available and have never looked back since. Companies out there can match the colors but they can not match the unique chemicals and processes with which Mike and his chemists and engineers have developed to make these a completely new technology lense. The detail and clarity are unmatched. I had to order my first set of prescription lenses last year right before the Grand. As usual Mike impressed me once again, providing the perfect prescription for my shooting. My eyes never hurt or gave me problems with the Rx maybe being to strong or not strong enough it was perfect. This comes from the fact that Mike grinds his lenses, out of ZEISS blanks, to everyones own prescription. There are no pre cast lenses here. Although we don't offer over night prescription our turn around times are very impressive.

I opened a dealership in the past years and now this year I am on the road full time. I have an unmatched inventory on bored and am working with Mike directly. He just stayed with me and we sold out of the same trailer at the Spring Grand in Tucson. If you are wanting to see these lenses in person and demo a pair while actually shooting you can see me at the following shoots:

March
Arizona State Shoot(Tucson, AZ)

April
Southwestern Grand (San Antonio, TX)

May
Ron Hoppie Memorial (Missoula, MT)
Missouri State Shoot (Linn Creek, MO)
Great Lakes Grand (Mason, MI)

June
Kansas State Shoot (Witchita, KS)
Illinios State Shoot (Bunker Hill, IL)
Ohio State Shoot (Morengo, OH)
Wyoming State Shoot (Torrington, WY)

July
Montana State Shoot (Great Falls, MT)
Western Zone (Anaconda, MT)
Iowa State Shoot (Cedar Rapids, IA)
Central Zone (Bunker Hill, IL)

August
Grand American- At this shoot we will be there for Mike he will be working in our trailer instead of bringing his own trailer back (Sparta, IL)
Cardinal Classic (Morengo, OH)

We are also planning on attending the Heartland Grand, Westy Hogans, Northeastern Grand, and the Missouri Fall Handicap.

I am also carrying a small inventory of demo's of the NEW BLASER TRAP COMBO. If you would like to look at and shoot this new gun please stop into my trailer and have a cup of coffee with me. We are accepting any and all orders on these items. Please feel free to contact me at any time. My cell is 406-565-0410 and my email is above. Looking forward to meeting you all at these upcoming shoots, if your not interested in any please stop by and have a cup of coffee and introduce yourself.

Respectfully,
Derek Stringer
Pro Staff
Big Sky Shooting Supply
Blaser USA
406-565-0410

#19 ·
Post-2..........No you will have to get new prescription lenses unfortunately. With all of your lenses being custom ground to your prescription and to a perfect clarity plano we have to start from scratch for each lense. No short cuts here my friend only QUALITY! If you would like more information or want to place an order please e-mail me or PM me. I would be glad to assist you in any way possible. I'm on Mountain Standard time until the 2nd of April. Feel free to call anytime and thanks for your interest in our products. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Derek Stringer
Pro Staff
Post 4 Optics
Blaser USA
Big Sky Shooting Supply
406-565-0410

#21 ·
Have used a number of frames. The Post 4's I have are definitely the strongest.

Last year I had a temple piece break where the spring steel attaches to the temple. I checked with Mike and they immediately sent a new pair of temples, at no charge. Real quality.

JT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.