1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4 Optics Lens Color Advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pb, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pb

pb TS Member

So what shade of lens do you recommend from post 4 for bright sunny days to shoot orange dome targets? What color for cloudy late fall poor light days? I did search old posts and look at their webpage but I would like some more opinions from people who use them.

Thanks! Jon

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

Jon - call Mike at Post 4 and talk to him, very helpful. I have been very pleased with the colors he suggested.

3. Chuckbuster

Chuckbuster TS Member

Desert Glow is the best all around color I have found. Works great for me.

TOM

4. flinter58

flinter58 TS Member

Desert Glow - for most all and then a pair of light target orange for the low light and at night under lights -

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Shooter Passion Purple for bright sunny days with blue sky background. Otherwise, I use my Polarized Desert Glows (old style) and V-Lites for just about everything else. I have a couple of other colors I use as well - one for cloudy/gray days and one for green targets. Those work for me. You're better off talking to Mike @ Post 4; we all see 'colors' differently.

6. bling 27

bling 27 Member

I have been shooting post 4 for two weeks now. THEY ARE GREAT!!!!! The ones that I have are orange glow new for 2007 I think. I have shot them on bright days and overcast with outstanding results. I can't advise on any other color becuase I have only this color now. I would highly recommend them. Wayne

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm sure the colors mentioned here mean something to those that use them but they don't to me. Elaborate please!

8. IM390

IM390 Member

Actually what was stated about everyone seeing differently was quite correct. I walked into the club wearing yellow Fitovers on a cloudy day and a guy selling prescription glasses told me yellow was all wrong. It was for inside target shooting only. The poor sucker who just got his new glasses from the "expert" took 10 minutes trying to decide which color he was going to use that day. I shot with him and I broke 25x25. So much for the my "wrong" color glasses.

My optometrist did her thesis on shooting glasses and through a three year study found that polarized glasses were the best to use. She also found amber to have the best contrast between a variety of different colored targets and their backgrounds on a bright day.

Though she didn't carry the glasses I was looking for, she recommended Fitovers to be the best because of the flat field polarized lens and Cacoons to be the worse because they weren't polarized and have a rather curved lens. Both are sold through Cabelas.

Both of these fit over you regular glasses and sell for around $50. Fitovers also have colored blinders built into their sides, which no one else has.

9. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Jon, FWIW I have found both Vermillion and Desert Glow lenses to work well...as stated though, others results may vary...for instance I can't use any of the purple or black lenses (for some reason they really disagree with me). Try'em all and don't hesitate to buy what works best for you. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.