1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

post 4 and post 2 are annoying

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I shoot some trap. I miss most of my targets at posts 2 and 4. I hold maybe 6 inches above the trap on those targets, and about half way from center to corner.

The targets that really annoy me are the almost straight-a-ways, with just a tad of movement toward my gun. If I bring the gun straight up I'm to the left (post 2) or right (post 3) of the target. If I move to the target, I'm moving opposite to the relative target direction and pass through and shoot to the opposite side.

I'm thinking of holding so that I'm right on the straight-a-way. Waddaya think about that?

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Didn't get much help. I guess I'll just have to try it.....then go out a beat my trap brothers at their game.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thats the quartering angle shots and can be most confusing on the mind. They appear at a quick glance to be going straight away from the shooter when in reality they are slightly angling away. The lead on those targets needs to be very slight and i always teach our young shooters to just hug the leading edge. Identifing those quartering angles over a straightaway is the hard part. If you hug a straightaway as a quartering shot you will miss. If you shoot a quarrtering bird as a starightaway you will miss. Identifing is most important. I would suggest lowering your gun hold on the house to get on the birds quicker for a better look at them. JMHO---Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.