1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Positive thoughts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Michael Jobe, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

A lot of griping about the ATA and our sport goes on here, and I'm as guilty as anyone. So, I'm starting a thread where I want people to list what the ATA is doing right. Please, no fighting, and no bitching about what's wrong.

I'll start off by saying the ATA did the right thing by going back to their old target year of September 1st through August 31st.

~Michael

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I think that the SCTP and AIM programs which expose kids to the shooting sports is one of the ways to improve our sport. The ATA is committing to the future by involving more and more kids and it also involves the adults who support their children's activities. I believe that by exposing the kids and their families to the sport of shooting, we benefit as gun owners as well.
    Pat Haskins

3. rich-s

rich-s TS Member

When I joined, I figured I would have to play by their rules, and any rules they see fit to change. I guess I'll quit when I have to bitch about them. Same with the PITA. Great outfit, let's see one!

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The ATA promotes "Competition".

Curt

5. hoov

hoov Member

For those of us that do not have other hobbies the ATA helps provide us with

great fellowship, and many many places to enjoy our sport,our new friends, and

the fun times that go along with it. Just my $.02 {E}

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The annual raffle for the truck where gun clubs keep 3.00 per ticket is awesome!!!!!!!!!

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I,'m positive I like to shoot trap and I'm positive I like the people with whom I regularly shoot with and I'm positive that the ATA may not be perfect and I'm positive I don't know how I could do a better job than the people who set the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.