1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Portland GC - no 3 day shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mallard2, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Drove 300 miles to Portland GC for 3 day shoot, get there Friday, no one there. Two day, club shoot instead, 10 shooters or so, no notice. Very disappointing. Checked webpage before we left, nothing on it. This kind of stuff is hard on the game. My companions won't be back, after big build up I gave the club to get them there.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Portland Oregon?

Ajax

3. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Yes, Portland, OR. Nice place, nice people, just lack of communication to shooters, I guess.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Where did you get the information they had a 3-day shoot? Did you verify this by phoning the club before making your plans?

5. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Guessing that MAllard2 got the info from their website.

http://www.portlandgunclub.org/calendar.htm

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I drove a couple of hours to the club to attend an ÅTA shoot, program in hand. This was several years ago and the last time I went there for a formal shoot. I got there and found very few people. I inquired at the sign up window and was told the shoot was cancelled because some of the attendees decided it was "too windy." The two hour return to home made it 4 total hours of windshield time and fuel just for the fun of it. As suggested, I've ignored their programs since.....breakemall

7. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

I hear you, not again for our squad. Shoot info was on PITA schedule and the club's website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.