1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ported Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I was shooting on a pad next to shooter with ported chokes. I kept getting hit in the side of the face with debris - plastic or something. Is it common for these chokes to throw junk out the sides? I mentioned it to the shooter and he thought it was pretty funny.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I can't answer the question as to if it is common but i think if the shooter next to me thought is funny i would have backhanded him. That's just flat out rude.

3. letts

letts TS Member

I was hit once whlile shooting next to a friend with a ported Browning. Only time it ever happened, I was hit in the cheek just below my glasses. It happens once in a while.
    Repeatly, I think if they were my chokes I would S.C. them.

Letts

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

1st time I got hit was at the Kentucky State shoot - fellow was a wheel-chair shooter. Got hit on the left side of the face and waited till the 100 was over to tell the fellow. He acted like it wasn't a big deal.

2nd time was at the Durham County Wildlife Club. Hit on the neck and this fellow took it a bit more seriously.

FRedmon

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Been hit by ported barrels but not ported chokes . YET. And if a ported choke would do it these would and they haven't yet.

I have ported extended chokes and one time of anyone being hit by my debris they are gone before the next shot.

So far no complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.