1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ported barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoot619, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Can a ported barrel be filled back in?? I was just wondering, don't have one and don't want one but a good deal could come up. .

The Finnish Genius brain has been working overtime. Another thing using an alias when shooting reg. The way I shoot I would have to. It is bad enough to see my scores at times but to show others!! Being a Finnish genius with ADD ,(my grandson Jon says:He ain't no Finnish Genius) I still can have fun.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would you even attempt it? You'd likely lesson the value more trying that then just leaving it ported. Ported guns are not that bad. They do help with muzzle jump as well.

3. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Barrel porting was all the latest rage a few years ago. Seems as if the gun companies will promote almost anything new to boost sales and get us to spend more money. Today, it is the same thing - extra high ribs, titanium barrel hangers, titanium chokes, etc. I can't wait to see what will be next. Perhaps 38" barrels????? HAW-HAW! Fun to watch..... Mike

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Don't clean them out they'll probably fill-in, I lost the front bead on my gun several years ago & that hole filled in, had to run a tap to clear it. Ross

5. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I just don't like them only because when my ear protections isn't in
    or on right the damn report is painful. Probably should wear both plugs & muffs.
    It does give an excuse for missing but that doesn't happen often., Ha ha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.