1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ported Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I know alot of shooters hate the whole ported barrel thing. I myself don't really care one way or the other. I have shot a BT 99 with a ported barrel for a while and have had no problems. I recently bought a new XT combo that has the unsingle and o/u barrels and all came ported. When I shoot the unsingle barrel the ports seem to plug up with plastic from the wad after about 100 shots. The o/u barrels don't seem to have a problem. It is only the unsingle barrel. My old BT never did this after 1000s of rounds. Are the ports screwed up? Thanks Huntinandhotrods

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I have the Browning XT combo also. I have never had any of the ports plug up or even start to close up with any plastic. I use Remington factory wads ( Fig 8's and TGT 12's) if that matters.

Could it be that there is some burrs on the ports inside of the un-single barrel shaving plastic off? Just speculating.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I doubt they're screwed up, they're just different. The unsingle barrel is 2 inches longer that the O/U. That may have something to do with it. Put a piece of panty hose over a bore swab and run it down the bore to see if there are burrs around the ports on the inside of the barrel.

MK

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MK--I'm not EVEN gonna ask how you know about panty hose runs. LOL

Matt

5. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I like the panty hose idea to check for burrs. I will have to talk the wife out of her panty hose, oh wait thats what I try and talk her out of all the time any ways! I might be able to knock off two birds with one stone so to speak! Thanks for the help!! Huntinandhotrods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.