1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ported Barrel & Ported Chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

Opinions needed on this.

If an o/u barrel is ported is their anything gained or lossed in using ported chokes. Is it overkill??

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Since ported choke tubes accomplish nothing, there is little gained or lost in using them.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ported chokes just get (O/U) the other choke dirty.

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Quite the contrary most ported chokes are not designed for recoil reduction but more efficent striping of the wad or shot cup from the charge. I'm a firm believer in them. My favorite choke tube is a ported Rhino choke with .018 constriction and I have shot streight rounds of skeet 16yrd and 27yrds with that choke tube Joe goldberg

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Joe, what makes you think that the Rhinp tube is "more efficent striping of the wad or shot cup from the charge" (or that it makes any difference?)

Neil

6. redneck-hilbily

redneck-hilbily TS Member

i being shooting now for 2 years and a very good friend of mine has a ported choke and he tells me that the one that he owns helps with keeping a good pattern but i think that his chokes seems to get very dirty very quick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.