1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Portable heaters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JimmyP, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

I need some experience with small electric heaters for a small room. Our Club recently had a fire which is forcing us to use a small out building for the clubhouse. I need to heat it with some kind of small, inexpensive electric heater. Got any advice? Building is approx. 200 sq. feet. Here in Texas we don't get the extreme cold of other climates but it does get down to and stay around freezing. Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

well Jim no information on the building construction, insulation or infiltration ( how loose is the building).ballpark 12-15k btus should sufice.
    I am sure you will other opinions also.You may be able to rent a heater and insurance should cover it for the duration of the repairs.
    Jim

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

JimmyP:

Check your private messages.

sissy

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

A kerosene heater would do the trick. Just start it up and shut it off outside. That way there would be no fumes.

5. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Thanks guys. Just didn't want to spend a bunch on a temporary setup. I know those little heaters will be expensive to run but we won't be using them that long.

Jimmy

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

A Small propane infrared heater that clamps onto a 5 gal propane cylinder is the way to go. they are cheap $80-100 and put out alot of heat.

The electrics will eat you out of house and home with electricity bills.

Kerosene heaters are good inexpensive heat too.

I use a propane floor heater in my shop and it would heat about 200 SF nicely it is 30,000 BTU's from Northern Tools. Called the proflame.

Randy

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

for 200 sqft - equivalent to a nice size bedroom (15' square), a small electric ceramic heater should do the trick... they are relative efficient and inexpensive to operate...

stay warm,

Jay

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I had a small Honeywell electric heater that rotated and threw a lot of heat . Thermostatic controled with a remote and cost less than $60 . Unfortunately it broke and I am still looking for another like it . I now have a borrowed oil filled unit like a tall radiator and I don`t like them as much . This one also has it`s own thermostat built in . I`ve had these before and they end up smelling like oil after a few years of use .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.