1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Port Clinton, Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SD Trap Family, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our son, Foster, is moving over to Port Clinton, Ohio this week and any advice on shooting clubs or other trapshooters in the area would be appreciated.

Foster enjoys working with Youth shooting programs so hopefully he can make some contacts right away.

I know the Cardinal Center is only 90 miles away and he is looking forward to shooting there as we have heard many nice things about the club.

Thank you for any help.

Bud and Char Bartholow

2. a budine

a budine Member

He'll be right next door to Camp Perry - they do a bit of shooting there!

3. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

Sportsmans gun and reel on Middle Ridge road

4. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Sportsmen's Gun and Reel Club is located in Lorain, Ohio which is not too far east of Port Clinton. I am the club manager there as well as an officer of the club. If you have any questions feel free to email the above address and view our website for the ATA schedule as well as other information.

Thanks,

Chris Hevener

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have heard this kids name a few times. Why would anybody leave the beautiful Black Hills and go to Ohio? Anyway, welcome to him from the eastern midwest. Who knows, he might become a rifle shooter being up in that area. I assume schooling is his reasoning and I wish him great success. My hopes are to live in Rapid someday and it has been my favorite area for years now.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Good Luck Foster, your a great young man

7. steveziv

steveziv Member

I ate a perch sandwich in P.C. just yesterday (I was home visiting). This morning I am home in MD. Here's a good resource:

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/OH

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was in Port Clinton last March, darn it was cold! We were lost and asked an on foot post lady directions, didn't understand a word she said.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Buy him an ar15, m1a1, and a 1911. Oh, and one of those hammerli's and an Anschutz too....

10. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Sportsmans Gun and Reel is about an hour away.Right down rte 90. Come on over and check us out!

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If he likes to fish, some of the best walleye fishing in Ohio is done on that part of Lake Erie. Mike.

12. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

No body said "Jaqua"s" in Findlay, Ohio.

13. Joe McGorman

Joe McGorman TS Member

Nice drive along highway #2 from Toledo to Port Clinton. Lots of marsh and scenery along the lake. Been to Port Clinton a few times and enjoyed every trip.

Joe McGorman

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sportsmen's hasn't been the same since they started doing those wimpy shoot-offs from the 65 yard line. Bring back the HUNDRED! LOL.

-Gary ;)

15. bob62864

bob62864 TS Member

port clinton is a hole from september to may....horrible weather and no social life for anyone under 60

16. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Gary we will gladly go back to the parking lot if you bring a ten gauge along haha.

-Chris

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If he is there during the summer months he has to board the jet express for a trip to put-in bay. Don't bring the shotgun.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

By the way... when the weather turns nice tell Foster to hop on the Jet Express and check out Put-In-Bay. It's the "Key West of the North."

-Gary

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If you're a waterfowler, the Port Clinton area can be pretty good. Tie in with some local duck nuts.

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

He is definately a waterfowler. Check out his show on the Sportsman Channel called "Waterfowl Obsession".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.