1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

poor tiger woods

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbcook, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i seen on tv that GM is cutting off tiger,s multi-million dollar sponsorship money. poor tiger may have to sell that 60 million dollar home he just purchased in new york. he will probably be driving a yugo now. poor boy. dwain

2. Alpha_Three_Niner

Alpha_Three_Niner TS Member

I guess the burning question for me is: When Tiger is 27 yards out, is it 7 1/2's or 8's

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I don't think he'll bat an eye,,,Americas first Billion dollar athlete,,,,

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I believe Tiger will be okay without the Buick money.

We should remember that professional golfers earn their pay by performance.

Unlike the corporate heads of the U.S. automakers!

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't think the Buick Open paid out prize money from entry fees.

GM put a lot of money into golf. Because they wanted that image, and to sell cars.

Lots of things are going to change in america. But not in Washington.

HM

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I am sure he paid cash for that home with a personal check the same way you buy a carton of milk.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

At 27 yards, he's using a "wedge" shot

Jay

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Professional golfer earn what they make..unlike some professional baseball or football players who have a good/great year then sign a multi-million dollar deal and proceed to live it up and proceed to never hit their high numbers. Golfers earn their check every week like an independent contractor...more power to them.

9. 15str8

15str8 TS Member

Yeah, what a shame. I guess his interest percentages will have to offset his losses there...heh heh. Going on what jimx200 point is and being the extreme avid golfer that I am, people who do not play the game have really no I clue just how difficult the game is. Scoring 100 and dropping 10 strokes the next round is an easy feat; however, scoring a 72 and trying to drop 4 strokes takes months and maybe years to perfect. I always like to compare the sport to shooting trap. There are quite a few similarities there believe it or not... but the bottom line is the guys on the PGA are just not your ordinary golfers and even if you are not a golf fan, I would have to say keep up with Tigers performance. Once he passes Jacks record, there will never be another athlete in the game like him.

10. 15str8

15str8 TS Member

Yeah, what a shame. I guess his interest percentages will have to offset his losses there...heh heh. Going on what jimx200 point is and being the extreme avid golfer that I am, people who do not play the game have really no I clue just how difficult the game is. Scoring 100 and dropping 10 strokes the next round is an easy feat; however, scoring a 72 and trying to drop 4 strokes takes months and maybe years to perfect. I always like to compare the sport to shooting trap. There are quite a few similarities there believe it or not... but the bottom line is the guys on the PGA are just not your ordinary golfers and even if you are not a golf fan, I would have to say keep up with Tigers performance. Once he passes Jacks record, there will never be another athlete in the game like him.

11. 15str8

15str8 TS Member

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nasty flinch there, guy. Better get a release mouse.

The point I was making is that the money in the PGA comes in a large part from GM (and other major sponsors).

I don't think it will come quite so freely these days.

HM

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Mention the fact that he got a $40 million dollar endorsement contract with NIKE the day after he turned pro. I guess you can play a little more relaxed than most of your competition.

Try making up a bad shot in Trap.

Don

14. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Sooooo much to do with Trap shooting!

YUK!!

AndyH

15. starship

starship TS Member

The parting was a mutual agreement. He had one year left on his contract (approx $7M). It freed up money for GM and time for Tiger to spend with his growing family. I'm pretty sure he'll be okay in the future...:)

16. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Had the article been read, it would tell you that Buick and Tiger both agreed to drop the last year of the contract between them. He was paid 7 million a year for his promotions. Buick sales on the particular model he indorced went up 33%. He wanted more time for his personel life and GM wanted to save money so it worked out for both parties. Post-2.

17. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

It was a smart move for both sides. The campaign was getting a bit old, Tiger wants to spend more family time, GM needs to tighten its belt.

Tiger was, and is a good image for a company. Golfers and non-golfers alike him. No-one can deny his ability. He’s free from the baggage carried by many pro athletes.

The right deal will come his way and we’ll see him again.

I wonder what his “pre-shot” routine is????

18. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I don't think he's concerned about having enough money as long as he has that wife.

Has anyone seen the pictures of his wife? I mean ALL of her.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jerry944t,

I have seen those pictures and that lady could take your mind off of a lot of things ... I'm not a big golf fan but I do have a lot of respect for Tiger Woods and the way he plays the game, cuss words and all ... His Father taught him well and Tiger will benefit by what his father taught him for the rest of his life, if he decided to retire tomorrow he would be quite alright financially but he won't because he is the best of the absolute best and everyone knows it and he will keep proving it for a long time which at this point probably means more to Tiger than the money ... I do not watch golf if the Tiger isn't playing, thats just the way it is ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I would suspect that Tiger Woods could SURPASE all trap records. Hand to EYE....he's the BEST. And I still follow Mickelson (Lefty). Seriously, though, give a guy like Tiger Woods a trap gun and he would be kicking our butts within months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.