1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness Warrens New Patriot Reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by STOS, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STOS

STOS Member

The folks here at P/W would like to address the concerns of our customers.We did not build the new Patriot to replace the 800Plus as it is and always will be our #1 machine. We felt there was a need for a newer and more modern day machine.The new features on the patriot will not interchange or adapt to the other machines we sell.We do listen to our customers concerns and needs.We feel we have addressed those concerns with the new Patriot machine.Some of its features will not appeal to all nor will they satisfy all but we feel we did our best job to try and satisfy most. If anyone has a question feel free to call us at 1 800 732-0706. Dick Medley President/Wayne Riddle General Manager/Bruce Herby Sales Manager/Tawnia Gerkin Technical support & Repair Manager. P.S The Patriot is being shown now at the Silver Dollar Trap Club in Odessa,Florida by Jim Cunningham.

2. RMO1051

RMO1051 Member

it's dissapointing to here that you will not be able to adapt the features on a 800plus. as a recent buyer of an 800 plus i would like to update the primer assembly to that of the patriot. if i had known a new model was being produced i wolud not have bought the 800 plus and would have waited for the new model

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

RMO1051, Are you sure you cannot use the new primer assembly? The basic frame of the machine looks the same. If the primer assembly is your only concern you may not have gained that much with the newer one anyway. Keep your head up, you didn't go wrong with the 800+.

"if i had known " you would bow down before King Jerry

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

While we all get crazy over new gear, JerryP is right. You didn't go wrong with the 800+. The 800 series has been around about 50 years or so, and of course has many tweaks along the way with C, B and such series. The Patriot looks to be some major tweaks, but is still basically an 800 series machine for some $400 more.

I think the 800+ will still be cranking out shells for decades to come. The Patriot will also, with some new whistles and bells. But in the end, you have a finished shell to empty out.

5. RMO1051

RMO1051 Member

i agree with you both that the 800 plus is a great machine that will last for along time but the primer problem (the main complaint) seems to have been fixed on the new machine as well as creating more room for your hand to load the wads.i would have liked to buy this as an upgrade.

6. STOS

STOS Member

RMO1051 we will have that primer system available for your 800Plus very soon.Not sure what the price will be yet.

7. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Firt of all CONGRATULATIONS to Everyone At Ponsness Warren and anyone else who had a hand in the design and release of this new machine! (not an easy thing to do given the state of our economy!)

It really looks like the folks at PW have designed a Fantastic Machine!

I presently have 5 Ponsness Warren presses in my gun/reloading shop and don't think I haven't thought about an additional bench for the latest PW.

I very much hope you offer many of the new features as upgrades for the 800+ machines. Upgrades will keep me buying from PW for many years to come and I'm sure at some point, I'll have to have a Patriot too.

Congratulations again & best of luck,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
jim wizz ponsness warren patriot
ponsness warren patriot locks up
ponsness warren patriot reloader
ponsness warren patriot reloader 410

ponsness warren patriot review

ponsness warren patriot reviews