1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness Warren question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by msmith, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmith

msmith Member

I am thinking of a new reloader. Whats the difference between the P/W 800 Plus and the P/W Platnum 2000?. I am going to get the dies for all gauges and auto drine set up. What are the differences? and which is the better reloader for what I am going to use it for. Thanks, Mike

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

The indexing system is the only difference.

Where you intend to load all 4 guages I would reccommend the 800+. The gauge conversion is more costly but the changeover is soooo much faster and should require no tweaking once you have loaded on that gauge.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The 800 Plus is the loader you want if you intend to load all four gauges on the same machine.

From the P/W website:

"Another great feature of the 800 Plus is the quick-changing tooling kits. Since the 800 Plus does not have a center shaft, these tooling kits are installed in a tool head, allowing you to convert to another gauge in under 5 minutes and without the need to re-adjust any of the crimping stages."

Each individual piece of tooling must be changed on the Platinum 2000 to change gauges. This takes about an hour each time you change gauges.

The other big difference is the indexing mechanism. The Platinum 2000 indexes off of the center shaft. The 800 Plus uses gear system to index.

Jim Skeel

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Go to my above URL and download the article I wrote about these two machine's differences.

Biggest difference aside from the method of indexing, is the turret on the Platinum is made of Grivory plastic, whereas the 800 Plus uses aluminum; my preference.

Whiz White

5. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Buy it from Whiz White you won't go wrong! Jon

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I put a grivory turret with removable dies on my 900 last year and I can't begin to count the number of times it has made life easier by allowing removal/replacement of one individual hull.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.