1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness/Warren Model 800 Reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ferlach, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferlach

ferlach Member

I am looking to buy a Ponsness/Warren Model 800 Reloader. Just wanted to hear experience of fellow shooters about this brand and model.

2. claybuster60

claybuster60 TS Member

Excellent choice!
    Are you looking for a used one or a new one?
    If you are looking for a new P&W Whiz White is a dealer and can help you. The new Patriot is an excellent machine with lots of bells and whistles that don't appear on the older models. However, an 800+ would also be a good choice.
    Good luck in your search.

Billy P
    Ontario NY

3. ferlach

ferlach Member

My neighbor has a used one for sale.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click my above website link, download and read my article about buying an <i> 800</i> series reloader, BEFORE you waste your pocketbook.

The you can make an educated decision to or not to.

As stated above, the 800 Plus is the only one to consider, or possibly a Platinum. Remember, however, the Platinum is now discontinued.

Whiz

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Do a search on PW 800B loaders.

More info. and threads than you can read.

If your neighbor has one I'm sure he will be happy to demonstrate it for you???

If not hmmm.

Regards....Gerald

6. citadel

citadel Active Member

Do not buy one of the older models like the 800B. You will save a little but they are much more difficult to use as they do not have removable dies and their resale value stinks. You should be able to find a very nice 800+ on TS for 500 to 600. I bought one for $450 delivered about a year ago and now have 4 of them. Two in 12 ga and one set for 20 ga and one for 28 and they all operate without any problems and turn out beautiful shells. Another thing is to try to get a shell feeder later if you are going to load any volume. They are great.

Listen to Wiz White in his thread above as he really know his stuff about the PW loaders.

Doug

7. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

I have a 12ga pw800b. will sell for $200.
    also a pw 800C with hydraulic $700
    another pw800b in 20 ga for $200
    send a pm.
    Dave

8. ferlach

ferlach Member

The reloader I am looking my neighbor has for sale is model ponsness warren model 800 convertible, serial number 80xx. He wants $300.00 for it. Looks nice and he said he will show me how to use it.

9. neofight

neofight TS Member

Here's another plug for the PW 800Plus. I have had mine for a year now, my first reloader and it works as advertised. it's built tough, smooth and easy to operate and does not require a degree in mechanical engineering to understand how it works. Adjustments and regular maintenance are a snap. it just keeps on crankin' 'em out.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I'll have a used 800 Plus in the shop as soon as I can deliver the new Patriot to my good friend and customer north of the San Francisco Bay area, near where I grew up.

It is a 12 gauge and I have his 410 toolhead here. Toolhead is not complete, but I'll have it complete soon if things continue to slow down here.

I'll go through the 800 Plus to make certain it's in good working order, so if interested email me and I'll put a "possible" on it.

I am selling it for my buddy Ed, so he decides the price, not me, but I he does listen to me (most of the time) - ha!

Whiz

11. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The P/W 800 Plus is a great machine. Add the Auto-Drive and you will find that it is very hard to stop making shells.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

[​IMG]

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. ferlach

ferlach Member

I bought the re-loader and it works great. Now I need to find a hydraulic unit for it and may be shell feeder. Thanks for all the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ponsness warren 800 convertible
ponsness warren 800 plus for sale

ponsness warren 800b for sale

ponsness warren for sale

ponsness warren reloaders
used ponsness warren 800 plus for sale

used ponsness warren for sale

used ponsness warren reloaders