1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness Warren Help!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by five straight, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. five straight

five straight TS Member

contact Whiz white he will solve the problem with you whiz@swsupply or phone605-341-4412. Good luck Ed.

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The Index Pad: It not only consists of a coil spring inside (I tend to stretch them out a bit), but if the pad is NOT new, you MUST check it thoroughly for smoothness of operation.

A couple of things to consider here: (1) the small shoulder bolt should have NO FLATS worn on it, or it should be replaced, and (2) the pad's shaft should be VERY smooth.

This picture shows up as a new pad, so you should not have any of the above issues, HOWEVER, it MUST be installed it correctly. I mean more than just rop it in the hole and rotate it correctly. I mean its height is set in a very careful and particular procedure. It is not very intuitive.

Installing the pad CORRECTLY is, as stated above, quite a process and I'd prefer to handle this via email.

Whiz White

3. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Whiz:

It is a new pad but had no spring with it. I found a spring and dropped it in and it seems to be working fine. I don't know much about adjusting the pad.

MR

4. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

"numbers and name have been worn off" That statement seems a little strange. My PW has a tag with model and ser.# and it’s not a ware item and is not in a position that use would cause this to happen.

Questions;

Where did you buy this loader?

Do you know the person you bought it from?

Does anyone know of a missing PW loader?

5. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

cdconley:

Not everyone is a thief. There are things in this world that are beyond your control. Maybe whoever had this loader did not take care of things the way you do. I can't read the lettering other than the word "size" and the serial number looks to be 2955 the best I can tell. Hope this makes you feel better.

MR

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

MR- You might look for someone at your club that uses a PW. Perhaps they can help. Whiz will spend a lot of time helping you through e-mail. He knows the machines very well. But, one problem talking with a person who knows the machine is that they will tell you to adjust part #XXX and you want to adjust the little thing that makes the index pad rotate around 1/4 turn.

Pat Ireland

7. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Thanks Pat:

I can see how a small adjustment could make a difference on this machine. Whiz has already helped me a bunch. I will try and do as you advised and find someone that could take a look at it for me.

MR

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Mark, If you need a manual for a 900 sizemaster, I have one that I would be happy to loan you. Whitney

9. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Shadow:
    Whiz sent me one, but if I don't get this thing going right I might call you.

Thanks, MR

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Markdenis,

I’m not accusing you or anyone of being a thief. But let me ask you this, if we were talking about a gun, let’s say I posted that I bought this gun really cheap and need help identifying it. The make and serial number are worn off. Wouldn’t you think it a little strange? You still have not answered the question, do you know the person that you bought the loader from? Come on you have to admit that if the serial number is worn off (something that would take considerable abrasion) in a non-ware location and you don’t know the person that sold it to you personally (my assumption based on no answer), you should be questioning where the loader came from.

Personally the only way I would buy anything of this value that had a serial number “missing” would be if I knew the seller and was comfortable on knowing the origin of the unit. Remember we now live in a world where technology has made web sites like ebay and craigs list some of the biggest fencing operations in history. Before these sites thieves limited their work to things they could sell readily on the street, like guns, jewelry and electronics. Now they have expanded to any and everything they can carry knowing that they will be able to move it on ebay.

I sincerely hope you got a great deal and you are able to get this loader working well for you. They are in my opinion one of the best loaders out there. But I also hope that there is not someone out there that had their loader stolen out of their shed, the serial number buffed off and you ended up buying it from someone on ebay.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

The serial number on my PW is stamped on an aluminum plate attached to the front. I can easily see how it could be damaged or worn. A thief would simply pop off the entire plate, not take the time to buff off the serial number.

Pat Ireland

12. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Gee Pat, I have the same loader with the same type of tag and I can not see any way at all that the serial number could be worn off. Unless you're using the loader as an anvil when you're shoeing your horses. Why don't you give me a little insight on how that serial number can "easily be damaged or worn". You don't use yours as a jack stand when you're working on your truck do you? My machine is well worn on a relatively cluttered bench, but the serial number tag looks like it was put on yesterday.

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that there are more and more negative people on this site everyday.

Shoot well and have fun.......Rickyd

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have a "missing" reloader. An 800 Plus and/or Platinum 2000 that was scammed out of me by the guy from Texas.

I doubt this is it. The thief would be the "seller", not the "buyer."

Carl P. Hancock of Argyle TX did screw-up his 800 Plus with a hydraulic unit which he also stills owes for (claimed first was ruined in shipment), so we sent a second and a call tag for first one - never to be returned). He never returned the 800 Plus to me for the Platinum 2000 I sent him as a replacement - AND I EVEN was accepting the 800 Plus back broken with no additional charges.

If Mark would email or call me, I would be happy to walk him through the correct adjustment method on the new Index Pad. It is not a simple trail-and-error method but involved quite a few steps which are not obvious.

I will be out of state starting next Monday for about a week. Will be in Mpls and will check emails.

WW

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

cdconley- The serial number on my PW is also very clear but I often keep it covered with an ash tray. I would not venture to guess what others may do on or around their press that might damage something. Just because you and I cannot figure out how to damage something does not mean that someone else might be able to come up with something we have never thought about.

Pat Ireland

16. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Pat, You are without a doubt a brave man. An ashtray on your loader?

Back on point. You still don’t find it odd that the guy is asking for help with this loader from TS.com, why in the world wouldn’t he ask the guy that sold it to him for that information. Could it be that he doesn’t know the seller from Adam? I’m going to guess that this guy did not pick up this loader from one of the guys at his club (but I could be wrong) I’m also going to guess that he knows nothing about the guy he bought this from. So combine those two assumptions with a serial number that has been “worn” to the point where the machine is unidentifiable and red flags go off for me. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if this machine was bought via the internet from the guy that Wiz just posted about?

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

cdconley- Please read the first sentenance of your last post. Can you think of any other words that would fit in place of the word "brave" that you used?

Pat Ireland

18. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Well one word comes to mind right away, but I would never use that word with a man of your obvious intelligence. Another word that pops in when I envision someone sitting loading shells with an ashtray on the corner of the loader and room full of the wisp of cigarette smoke would be suicidal. I don’t know about your loading bench but mine seems to always have flakes of power all over the place. So, assuming you’re not suicidal and knowing the level of your intelligence the only word I could possibly come up with is Brave. But let me ask you, have you ever been asked to be on one of those thrill seeker shows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.