1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness Warren Auto Drive

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johns6, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johns6

johns6 TS Member

Does anyone the new electric Auto Drive for their loaders? Just curious as to how good they work. Is it as good as the Automate that was available at one time for Ponsness Warren?

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I worked on the development of the P/W and Spolar Automates.

I've also worked the new electric drive while at the factory in early May.

I like the electric drive better than the Automate. No adjustment to make, no magnetic switches to mess up. It is a joy stick, forward to start and back to return to home. The electric motor has a brake, so it stops NOW!

I would like to see a foot switch. When I was running it, I kept trying to just keep the joystick forward for continuous operation, but I kept having a problem grabbing enough hulls to keep it fed. Dick, the owner, kept saying "You're going to catch a finger."

It's a nice unit, AND is absolutely quiet, whereas the hydro was noisy.

Whiz

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Whiz,

I can't see that a foot control along the lines of Spolar's electric unit on the hydraulic would "catch a finger" anymore than P/W or Spolars hydraulics? If safety was a concern, hydraulic would not be made?????

Will the electric unit accommodate the hull feeder on the 800+? That was a major short coming on the AutoMate, that required an engineering job to accomplish. And the major reason I use a P/W loader and not a Spolar.

4. Norm

Norm TS Member

"Whiz" fixed me up with the new Electric Drive unit and it is like having a
    new toy. I have never purchased anything that right out of the box worked BETTER than it was advertised. This is a machine that puts a whole new ease of reloading into the picture. I have one thing to say to Whiz and that is
    thanks for the information that these great units are available. Anyone that would like a power unit get this. It is smooth, effortless and QUIET. Find me
    a hydraulic unit that can even come close to this one.
    Thanks to Jim and his service makes it an extra pleasure to deal with him.

5. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

What is the price of the electric unit? Glenn

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Whiz. You know I am a marketing guy... Send me one of those units to try for a couple of years and I'll pump up some life into reloading for some guys. Whadda-ya thunk? No charge on my part. I'll do it for "the guys". "Do it for the gipper" kinda deal.

Yah-ah?

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Darrell: I agree, and that's why I asked several of my customers to write, call, and email P/W and tell them they wanted the foot switch. P/S is/was gun shy in terms of product liability. They had to convince their insurer of the ridiculousness of the claim.

Consequently, that's why they brought out the foot switch.

Standard Toggle Model: $799.95
    Foot-Switch Model: $849.95

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Mine is arriving today! Yippee-ki-yay!!

Don Verna

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

I bought serial # 001 for my Spolar thru Whiz when they first came out and it has been the best reloading money I ever spent after the Spolar itself. I am approaching 50 thousand loads on the Auto-Drive with absolutely ZERO problems or adjustments needed after the initial 20 minute setup. At the time I bought mine they were $850 for the Spolar and $800 for the P/W. I owned a Auto-Mate and a Spolar Hydraulic for my P/W 900's and this unit IMHO is 10 times better and easier to setup and use than the Auto-Mate and easier and far less noisy and messy than the Hydraulic unit.

--- Chip King ---

10. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I got one with a foot switch from whiz (this was his advice to get it that way). My old bench would not allow for the dropping of shells, so I had to build a new bench. I have had a hydraulic in the past and got rid of it, as I hated the noise. I keep the switch in one direction, step on the foot switch and I'm off to the races. It just keep indexing and I keep feeding it shells and wads till I run out of primers. I don't think you need a shell feeder as you can keep up with the machine, but you have to pay attention at all times. I had shoulder surgery that precludes me from hand pulling (which I prefer) but this unit is great. Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone use a ponsness warren auto drive

ponses warren auto drive
ponsness auto drive
ponsness warren auto drive foot oe hand
ponsness warren reloaders auto drive

ponsness warren safety switch

posness warren auto drive problem
quarter electric motor specifications ponsness warren auto drive