1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**** Ponsness Warren 900 Question Please ****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Question about a Ponsness Warren Size-O-Matic 900

It seems like the handle is not going all the way back anymore. The rack does not run to the end of its travel either, but I can push the rack all the way with my finger.

There is a round stop attached to the base of the machine and the table is stopping just short of touching it by about one eighth of an inch (.125) Estimated.

Is there anything I might be able to check, measure or look at that might be causing this lack of travel?

The machine has the externally adjustable primer system that I have backed all the way off and still behaves the same.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Skip

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have your exact machine. Mine reaches the maximum on the upstroke of the operating handle when the wad insertion carrier rotates and fully stops its clockwise motion. Mine reaches the maximum on the down stroke of the operating handle when it contacts that button on the base. The track does NOT move to the maximum of travel in either direction. I would remove the entire powder and shot bottle assembly and look at the powder and shot gears and make sure the mark is pointing to the right place on the track.

3. skip

skip Member

Ok on all Mike,

I'll take it apart tomorrow night and check the timing marks.

It seems like the wad insertion carrier used to come around in the clockwise direction a little further than it is now, and there is that space on the button stop no matter how hard I push the handle back.

Thanks again Mike.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

skip check to make sure that a pellet has not found it's way into the bottom of the indexing slot in the center shaft.
    --- Chip King ---

5. skip

skip Member

It almost feels like it's hitting something soft like lead.

How do I check the slot? Is it something you can see? Compressed air?

Thanks Chip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.