1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness Warren 800plus or 2000?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jason Hassler, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

I was looking at the Ponsness Warren reloaders and I am considering purchasing one.
    I am asking for comments on the 800 plus and the Platinum 2000.
    I have read the available information on the two but I am interested in everyone's input. If I do decide to purchase one I will have a Mec 9000g for sale if anyone is interested. Thanks a lot guys in advance.
    Jason

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Jason, If you only load one gauge the 2000 is probably your best bet. If you load multiple gauges or may in the future, then get the 800 +. Contact Whiz White at ... whiz@swsupply.com ... he will set you up with the right PW loader and at the right price. Bill Malcolm

3. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Forgot to mention that I would also like to know the base measurements of each loader. Wouldn't do any good to buy one if it won't fit on my bench. Thanks guys.
    Jason

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

My understanding is the 2000 is great, but gauge changes are much more difficult (time consuming at least). I went with the 800+ since I really like the "click" when the carriage returns, although with a hydraulic unit attached it probably is just to make me happy.

My personal opinion was the 800+ would have more appeal should I decide to sell it down the road. I love mine, so that is not on the radar screen anytime soon. The final crimp and overall quality humble factory ammo in my opinion.

Either unit, Whiz is you guy. He will fix you up, and has great acrobat files on cleaning, accessories he has developed outside of P/W that are terrific, and how to clean and maintain the unit. Go with him and you won't be sorry.

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Jason, check your email. I sent you Whiz's PDF of the dimensions on the unit and shell feeder, etc.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Jason: I had the 800+ and had problems with it. I had a 950E and traded it in for the 800+ and then exchanged it for the 2000 Platinum. Trouble free and a great machine! IF you can afford it and need the volume of shells, the hydraulic is wonderful. Deal with Whiz white... you can count on him! Fred

7. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Can anyone advise the differences between these two units other than the 800 index clicks and is easier to change the tooling? Thanks

8. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Jason,

Check your email. I've sent you a PDF file written by Whiz White that explains the differences between the 800 and the 2000. It should answer some of your questions. The email address is an alias redirect; it's good for 5 days.

Mike

9. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

Can someone send me the PDF file on the Platinum 2000. I have one and am experiencing some problems with indexing. Note this is the first problem in 5 years. Great machine. Jack

10. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"Can someone send me the PDF file on the Platinum 2000. I have one and am experiencing some problems with indexing...."</blockquote>

All I have is Whiz White's "Maintenance & Lubrication: manual for all the PWs. I didn't know that the operator's manuals were available as PDF docs.

Mike

11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Jack, Contact Whiz White ... whiz@swsupply.com ... and he will work through your problem with you. I suspect you have a need to replace the # 91 Spacer/Roller bearing that goes into the indexing center post. Bill Malcolm

12. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

I have a platinum 2000 and love it. Have not used a 800 though, but if loading different gages a lot would probably be faster change over on 800. I bought mine 2 years ago on Ebay from Whiz White great guy to deal with. I had and still have a Mec 9000G. Good reloader for the money but hated the primer feeding system on it. The 2000 has the new die removal system on it which is a snap for removing a shell from it if needed. Which ever one you choose I think you will be pleased with it. Componet eating machines.

John

13. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Got the 800+ when I moved up from the 600B - love it to death. I've got tooling for all four gauges and wound up selling my 375C that I had set up for the smaller gauges. Never used the 2000, but my heirs will be selling the 800+ - I sure won't.

That said, I'm not a huge volume reloader. I really miss the 600B and believe P-W made a mistake when they discontinued it. A 600C would be perfect for anyone who loads like I do.

Tony

14. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

Thanks for the advice on my 2000, I will e mail Wiz for a #91 Spacer/Roller bearing. Jack Melitsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.