1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PONSNESS WARREN 800C

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by STS / NITRO 27, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STS / NITRO 27

STS / NITRO 27 TS Member

I was wondering if any of you P/W owners could help me out. I just bought a P/W 800C SILVER ST off ebay about a 1 1/2 months ago for my girlfriend's 20 ga. I haven't had a chance to get it set up due to a 3 foot ladder and a compound fracture of my left leg which required a titanium rod from my knee to my ankle as well as 4 screws... know that i have poured some sympathy on you guys her is my problem.
    I cannot get the machine to index or get the wad guide to swing out. There is a rod that is spring loaded on the turret and when it hits the pressure pad so it can index around to connect with the star gear, the pressure pad will not rotate far enough to catch the star gear... but i can press the pressure pad down with one finger! The owners manual said there is a nuetral gear but if it is in nuetral how do i get it out?
    I know this post is a little windy but any help would be greatly appreciated!
    AND YES... I HAVE ALREADY CALLED P/W!

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Whiz White is the guy you want to talk to. He has written some of the best instructions I have ever used for loading machines and is a true Wizzard of the PWs.

3. STS / NITRO 27

STS / NITRO 27 TS Member

How do i get a hold of WHIZ WHITE? THANKS FOR THE INFO WOLFRAM!

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

There are a couple of non-related things wrong.

1. The Index Pad is set incorrectly (hopefully, no one has adjusted it either UP or DOWN) probably rotated incorrectly.

2. The wad carrier BOLT is probably worn, and ANY WEAR causes it NOT to swing in far enough to drop a wad.

If you email me, I can email back some instructions.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

5. Jim Cunningham

Jim Cunningham TS Member

The first thing to do is to remove the shell seating post, the primer feed and the index pad for adjustment. One or all of them is to high and not allowing the cross head to come down enough to allow the cam screw in the wad guide arm to enter the cam and swing out. With those three pieces out the problem eith the wad guide should be solved. In 40 years of working on P/W's I have never seen the cam screw worn enough to cause a problem.
    When you start adjusting the pieces start with the Index pad, its easyest, screw the jacking screw at it's bottom all the way in so it is as low as it will go with the screw there. Reinstall the pad and bring the cross head down and let it compress the pad down into the housing. It will cam turn in the housing. Once it is all the way down grab the housing and turn the whole assembly in the base until the index pin snaps down alongside the squair cut side of the pad. Leave about .035 seperation between the pin and the pad (About the thickness of a business card) and tighten the set screw in the base to lock the index pad and housing in place. Your reloader should now index.

The next thing to sdjust is the shell seating post. Screw the jacking screw in to much, so that the shell isn't fully seated in the die. You can check this by pushing the index pin up and releasing the pad so that the cross head goes up without indexing. Look at the amount that the shell is below flush with the bottom of the die and adjust the post that much taller. Keep at it until the shell is seated flush with the botom of the die.

From here the adjustment of the primer feed is easy. Measure the shell seating post from the bottom of the jacking screw to the top of the post. Then make the primer feedjust one turn of the thread on the jacking screw taller from the bottom of the screw to the top of the primer post pin; the pin the primer sits on prior to going into the shell that connects the upper housing to the lower post. One more thing, when the upper housing is pushed down compressing the springs between it and the lower post the head of the primer post pin should extend above the upper housing about 1/16th of an inch so that it seats the primer truly flush with the bottom of the shell.

All of this is the basic alignment for any of the 800's Of course there is more to a complete set up and adjustment but this will cure most of the index and power and shot drop troubles. For more information or a maintenance manual the covers about all the problems that can come up with a P/W call me at (904)910-0245.

Jim Cunningham

6. STS / NITRO 27

STS / NITRO 27 TS Member

THANKS WHIZ WHITE AND JIM FOR THE INFO...WHIZ FOR SOME REASON YOUR EMAIL IS NOT WORKING WHEN I CLICK ON IT AND WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SEND MY MESSAGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ponsness warren 800
ponsness warren 800 c
ponsness warren 800 c silver st

ponsness warren 800c

ponsness warren 800c silver st
ponsness warren 800cvt
ponsness-warren silver st 800c
set up ponsness warren 800c reloading press