1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ponsness Warren 800+ ever go for sale?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Do the P/W 800+ units ever go for sale used by their owners? I see quite a few 800B's but I don't think I've ever seen an 800+ go for sale since I've been looking for one.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i've been watching as well for about 3 months. Saw one about a month and a half ago, for a decent price, but I was out of town when it came up, and it was gone by the time I saw it.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Any idea what it went for used? I'm going to want one by X-mas and would rather get one used so I could save enough money to get the casefeeder with it.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

450 if I recall correctly

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Good luck on this one. As much as you see them on here used for sale I don't think you are going to see one for $450 when they are near $800 before the shipping. Annie up and get a new one. You could be loading in a week or you could wait for the genie to drop one out of the sky for $450.

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I have the time to wait for the genie from the sky. I can just keep using my sizemaster for now.

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rich... let me tell you what will happen... This happened to me. I searched high and low for 4 months.. I finally bit the bullet and purchased one new.
    Over the course of a week after that, I heard of 3 used ones up for sale within driving distance.

So if you feel you can buy new... and never look back.

Good luck!

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm looking to get one around Christmas so like mentioned I'm not in a hurry. If I find a used one between now and then, great! If not I'll just buy new. I just know that if I can save $300 on a used one that'll buy me the case feeder or a lot of components!

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rich, that sounds like a plan.

10. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Buy the 800B, it's a better loader. I have both.

Buz

11. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

In your opinion, what makes it a better loader?

12. citadel

citadel Active Member

One did sell for $450 a couple of months ago. I recently purchase a unused one from Craigs List still mounted in the shipping crate for $550 delivered from a guy that won it in a shoot off. They are available but hard to find and you have to act swiftly to get one. Mine worked perfectly right out of the box loading gun club shells like magic. I can eaisly load about 400 per hour with the 800+ without a shell feeder. Be sure to get all the shot and powder bushings you may need. A great source for everything is Whiz White including a new one if you can not find a used one. Take care with older used units as I understand that parts are becoming difficult for some earlier 800 models.
    Doug

13. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Where are you guys located that are looking?! Tom Rhoads

14. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

15. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Rich 219, sorry to take so long getting back. To answer your question, I have an 800B that I bought used in 1975. I load approx. 25k per year and the only problem I ever had with it was replacing a wad guide. I got an 800 Plus for Christmas, 2007 and have broken the top link twice and had fits with the primer feed. The Plus takes at least twice the effort to operate as the "B".

Buz

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I got one for sale for $900.

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I use to like the sound of my 800C... but I bought a new 800+ from Whiz and never looked back.. Both have case feeders.. both have provided me years of service.. No issues with either one..

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have the MEC powder bushing adapter for my 800+. I love that. Very versitile with that. Too, I have never adjusted anything on my PW. It just keeps pumping out shells. Very consistent posder drops. My loads chrono uniformly well. Usually within 10 FPS. Get a lot of "Duplicate" readings.

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

Another vote for the 800+. I have both the case feeder and the electric drive.

The case feeder will not keep up with the electric drive.

If I was doing it again, I would only get the electric drive.

Don Verna

20. Borderland

Borderland Member

Aren't you PW afficionados worried about all the posts warning of the ease of double charged gun blowups when loading with a PW..........Just a MEC 9000h guy pulling your chains...Sorry I could not resist after all the smoke and fire we have had on TS lately...Good reloading and shooting to all.

Ken Jones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.