1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poly choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HC_John, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

Checking into the a poly choke for my mossy 535. What's everyone's thoughts / opinions??

John Peterman

2. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

They work well -- may not pattern what you think they will- you may have to do some test patterns but they are a cheap way to give you adjustable chokes.

Of course- you might be able to find a used barrel with choke tubes -- that would be much cheaper still and then just sell your fixed choked barrel for 35 bucks or whatever you can get from it

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have used a couple of polychoke II's on my guns. They do work. They will add a little weight to the end of your barrel. If you want to keep that to a minimum get a non-ventilated model straight from polychoke. They will adjust from wide open to full. They will not give you an extra full pattern.

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The screw-in polychoke II uses the same bead that is on your existing rib like any other screw-in choke tube does.

5. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

My biggest problem is I would prefer to get my hands on a o/u for my fun shooting, but finance and wife says no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

polichoke for trap

poly choke