1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poly Choke for trap ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

The Poly Choke used to be quite popular.

Have no idea if it works as planned or not.

Friend has a Poly Choke on a Winchester 1912 in 16 gauge.

He thinks it is perfect for trap.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I had an old "Western Field 550" (Mossberg 500) that had a Polychoke on the end of the barrel...it always worked fine for my neophyte trap work...the bunnies and tree rats and barn pidgeons never knew the difference either

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

They work very well indeed. But, they are fugly! i have a mdl 12 in 16 ga and it has one too. nasty looking thing out there on the end of that slim barrel. That being siad, it really does adjust from skeet to full+ without a hitch.

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Are you related to Senior Smoke by any chance?! I ask because since the first time I saw you on here, I think you have set a new record for number of new posts and most of which have been quite exciting and interesting! Tom Rhoads

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Do they still make the Pollychoke and who?---SJB---

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

The still make them, both with and without the Cutts Compensator. Simmons has them. they run about $200 to $250 installed

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks---They are ugly but they do work---Had on on a J.C. Higgens when I was a kid---did it all---SJB---

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

If you like Poly Chokes / Cutts, be thankful because you buy shotguns with them at most guns shows for hundreds less than they would cost if not for the butchering.

-Gary

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Guess your right Gary---I don't have one on any of my guns but they do work--Wonder if anyone ever put one on paper?---George

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Put one on a benelli. Highly disappointed. The looks alone would keep from adding one to any gun.
    Also, I can't help to think that you would see more of them at the trap range if the were good at all. The last one I saw was the one that I through in the garbage three years ago.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Don't feel bad, Goose -- that's where most end up going. Consider it a lesson learned.

-Gary

12. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The Poly choke is big and ugly but Tru Glow make a slim one that works great and comes with a screw in for Beretta/Ben and Invector guns. I use one in a 303 for sporting look at the bird deceide what I need twist and go while others are screwing and changeing. I got it from Cabelas on sale take a look at them they are slick and slim and pattern very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

polly choke for trap

poly choke for trap

poly choke for trap gun

poly choke setting for trap shooting

poly choke trap shooting

poly chokes at trap ranges