1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Polls

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pretzel, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Has anyone ever been polled? I would like to be polled once. Just to believe in them a little more.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Pretzel,

It turns out there's a way you can increase your odds of being selected. First, turn on Honey Boo Boo. To get called, you must be sitting with your cellphone turned on, munching Fritos and drinking Mountain Dew. (You might want to get an Obama-phone and change your sign-on name, just to be safe).

Now - allow me to help you prepare for your personal Big Moment:

$7 an hour poll worker: "Hello, sorry to interrupt your TV watching, we're taking a poll - what do you think about the Election?"

You: "I'm an Independent with pink hair and a neck tattoo, and I just wish politicians would, you know, Compromise More and stuff."

$7 an hour poll worker: "Super! You are truly the backbone of our country. We'll post your answers to the major news websites immediately."

Good luck...and thank you for your Contribution To Democracy.

buzz

(PS - If the neck tattoo part bothers your sensibilities, and you want them to value your contribution more - tell them you're a Communications Professor. I hear you get extra points for that).

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Dam, I drink Diet Coke, not Mountain Dew.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

You are what we call an "outside-the-mainstream extremist."

Please feel free to * stay home * and watch History Channel on election day. (I suspect you're just a Bitter Clinger, anyway).

Sigh...it's pointless, trying to get some civility on this caveman site.

5. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Hey Buzz, I'm a Neanderthal, not a caveman.

Get it right, will ya.

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Now - allow me to help you prepare for your personal Big Moment:

$7 an hour poll worker: "Hello, sorry to interrupt your TV watching, we're taking a poll - what do you think about the Election?"

You: "I'm an independent with pink hair and a neck tattoo - and I just wish politicians would, you know, Compromise More and stuff."

$7 an hour poll worker: "Super! You are truly the backbone of our country. We'll post your answers to the major news websites immediately."

Good luck...and thank you for your Contribution To Democracy.

buzz

WELL the poll worker will fit right into Romney/Ryan plan....thats about what they want everyone to work for anyway.

GS

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Pardon me. I forgot:

ANYBODY WHO IS NOT WILLING TO TITHE THEIR PAYCHECK TO THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, (with a union as the middleman), IS A GREEDY, ARROGANT BASTARD who is probably OUT TO GET YOU and DESTROY YOUR WAY OF LIFE.

Right. Sorry. For a minute there, I briefly forgot the Union Party Line.

Carry on...and thanks for the reminder.

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Buzz,

The guys a freekin' loser. He'd walk the picket line rather than get a $7.00 an hour job to feed his kids...if he's got any kids. That union paycheck will buy him a Harley, a bass boat, and enough weed to keep him happy for the rest of his life...or until he wakes up one day and finds out that he's just been a pin cushion for a bunch of punks that make 4 or 5 times what he does. His life's ambition is to be a shop steward.

9. midalake

Such hate, such spite and disgust. It really makes me wonder what a union has done to either Mr Buzz or WS-0?????

GS

10. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

It's what they've done to this country that pi$$e$ me off. 'Sides, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Now midalake, no whining please. They don't hate the sinner, only the sin.

12. Cooperdisciple

Cooperdisciple TS Member

88 and sunny here in the valley (Phoenix). Supposed to be more of the same all week.

Mike Bruda

13. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Midalake, Just saw that part of the Ryan, conservative ideal is to do away with the Bacon Davis CRAP. Thoughts???

Dave Butzier

14. midalake

The Davis–Bacon Act of 1931 is a United States federal law which established the requirement for paying prevailing wages on public works projects. All federal government construction contracts, and most contracts for federally assisted construction over $2,000, must include provisions for paying workers on-site no less than the locally prevailing wages and benefits paid on similar projects.
    The act is named after its sponsors, James J. Davis, a Senator from Pennsylvania and a former Secretary of Labor under three presidents, and Representative Robert L. Bacon of Long Island, New York. The Davis-Bacon act was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on March 3, 1931.[1]

HISTORY
    Prevailing wage laws in the U.S. date back as far to 1868 when the Congress passed the National Eight Hour Day and directed its public works contractors to limit work to eight hours per day without any reduction in the rate of pay, which was paid on a daily rate at the time.

The first state level law passed in 1891, when on the state level, Kansas instituted this first such law. Forty-one states followed suit in the years to come. These state laws were the fruit of the "Progressive Era," which instituted statutes such as child labor laws, public schools and workers' compensation insurance

Crap??? Seems to me it is about fairness. If your going to build a bridge in the middle of New york well middle of NY wages should prevail.

Same should hold true if it was built in Oshkosh WI.

So what would be the real reason to do-away with this??? Not real hard to figure out.

This would fit well into the Romney/Ryan plan of breaking down middle class families.....Where would the profits go......well who has them bought in their back pockets?

RYAN is a sneaky little p-rick.

GS

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well, it looks like the Dave Butzier / midalake AFL-CIO / Wikipedia team is burning up the cybersphere, lol.

You mean, "prevailing UNION wage"...and what does it have to do with Polls?

buzz in Indiana - a RIGHT TO WORK state!

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Mindlesspond qualifies for a $10 Romney contribution!!!!! Many thanks from Romney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.