1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL SHOULD WE REMOVE THE PRESENT BOD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Should we remove the present President,Executive Committee and Board Of Directors, Secretary, Treasurer, Central Handicap Committee, and some Offices I have missed.

Life Members who would like to serve on these positions and why, submit their resume, and have the required years of membership to hold office.

Have a vote by all members who should fill these positions at their State Shoot.

Rewrite the rule book and delete a lot of non-sense rules, Do you remember how thick and how many pages there were on the rule book from 1970? To the rule book we have now. It has 93 pages + the back page.

Please give an honest consideration of your answer, not why it cannot be done.

Anyone holding a position may apply for a position.

I suggest the President serve a 5 year term. No automatic moves to be president,but must be elected by the rank and file membership, the reasoning is to do away with the Good Ole Boys Club.

My Vote is:

Yes

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Trapshooting

Love it

Live it

Shoot it

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It would be more fun...just to start a new trapshooting organization...let the present dumbasses wallow in the their own stupidity.

Curt

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Wait a minute......haven't we all heard this "start a new organization" talk before? Can't remember just where it came from but I haven't seen anything happen yet but then, talk is very cheap......this thread is proof of that!

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'll be. Maybe it is in the water?

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Dr. Longshot -

You may not realize it, but the majority of these positions are elected via exactly the same method you are describing. The people on the current BOD/EC were elected by the members in each state.

There is nothing stopping anyone who is eligible from running for and being elected to the BOD.

When did you last run?

Scott

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Please give an honest consideration of your answer"

Ok, you need your head examined and possibly some serious med changes. How's that? It's as honest as I could be without using words that would get me slapped on the wrist.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Open a window, or get a CO detector.

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Longsh?t wants to replace a system with the same system. You want a new BOD, EC why don't you get off your butt and elect those who will do what you want.

Your elitist arrogance is showing again. Can't hold office unless you are a life member for so many years, how about the guy who has paid his annual dues for 20yrs.

Just what is the "good ole boys club". The last time I looked all officers and EC came from the Delegates elected by you and me and the others. Once elected do they then become "good ole boys". If so then why don't we elect someone else the next year or are you just to damn lazy. Did you ever try to work from within??

The lazy and the dumb. Why don't you move to central america and join a coup de etat. It's a good thing I am not the head of this organization because I would throw your butt out for you are proposing.

Don

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bigdon. Thanks bud.

Rick B... Good to see you back

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Hang in there fellers, spring is only 6 weeks away......

12. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmmmmmm amonst my friends (yes I have a couple) im considered a good ole boy so does that mean i couldnt be considered for this position? im so darn upset whi iiiiii, burp..oops sorry just wont be able to sleep tonight. I just wish i had the credentials the good ole long blow has. Oh well martin luther king had a dream.
    Chris aka Dr Teet

13. missed some

missed some TS Member

Sounds like ohioans still have a touch of the chapass about sparta.

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

How about a poll to see how many are in favor of removing Dr Longshot from the site?

15. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Remove them...

No.

I say we should leave them.

16. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Galt and BIG DON

Again you have nothing to offer a thread without insults.

You are supposed to be an All American Don. You are a pathetic example of that.

17. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

I notice it doesn't matter what the bait is.

The Dr. always catches the BIGFISH with each cast. LOL

18. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

It has been a "good ole boy network" as far back as Rock Jenkins and Earl Toliver were presidents. The perceived power is rediculus. I promised a Remington rep I would shoot Blue Magics at the Indiana State Shoot many years ago. I went to the shell house and asked for some Blue Magics, I was told "We don't have any Remington shells. Earl Toliver told us not to buy them, they weren't any good" Earl was no more than an ex-officio of the ISTA at that time. Pelple cowtowel to these people to keep from getting a black eye. I shot The Grand when they had the highest attendence ever for the GAH. It was the year that the Canadian was elected president. Everybody in Canada knew he was going to be president. They rotate zones.

Frank Rively thought he could make a difference. If I could make a difference, I would run for ATA delegate but my hero is Harry Truman and he didn't put up with BS any more than I do.

I have been a life member since 1968, I love the game and will continue to shoot. The following might apply "hate the sin, not the sinner"

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Joe, Joe lighten up, it was just a cute little graphic I saw and thought some would find entertaining. I didn't intend to insult you or anyone else with a thin skin and I'm sorry if you were insulted. Sure hope the shoe doesn't fit.....

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

BTW, Joe, I like the way you make multiple posts in a short period of time instead of combining them- makes a greater impact that way I assume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.