1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Is this an "assault weapon"?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Poll...

If you think this is an "assault weapon", please explain why.

If you think this is not an "assault weapon", please explain why.

2. alf174

alf174 Member

Poll: Is this an

"Its camouflaged so it must be an assault weapon...and that telescope thingy on top. No doubt about it."

3. JRW

JRW Member

It is an auto matic, it has a sniper scope, and a silencer. ASSAULT all the way.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Ruger 10/22, which can accept a high capacity magazine, so in many states, yes, it is an assault weapon.

Camo, can, etc. are not part of the equation...

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

It could be misconstrued as an AW. Pistol grip, semi-auto, threaded barrel, detachable magazine.

In Ca. it will be an assault weapon in the very near future. Soon it will only take 1 characteristic

Darr

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Looks like a fine hunting rifle to me.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Assault weapon here in NY now.

8. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

Guns a vary bad They kill people thats why i buy lots of them and keep them locked in my safe LOL

9. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

It all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I got two of those hunting rifles. Minus the fancy can on the end. You are not in the military so you don't have an assault rifle.

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Nope, NO AW, Unless you point it at someone with the "intent" to pull the trigger.

It is a great looking "sporting rifle" but IDIOTS wouldn't know the difference!!

Democrats in general and Liberal cry babies!

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

NO firearm is an assault weapon. You have to add an operator who has mind, will and emotion. With that addition, anything could be an assault weapon.

Assault is a verb describing an action taken by a person. I assure you, if a man wanted to assault you with a firearm, my Shiloh Sharps 45-70 black powder single shot could get the job done.

Evil is in the heart of man, not in the physical attributes of hardware. Until we have leadership bright enough to approach the subject from that perspective, we are doomed to fail.

To the original poster, no sir, that hardware is not an assault rifle.

13. Mapper

Mapper Member

Hummm, look at that evil sneer, that low brow. It obviously has evil thoughts.
    I do not trust it, even if it is in Oregon. Melt it down and make a pressure cooker out of it.

14. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Of course it is......one can grab it by the barrel and "assault" another person upside the head with it..........

The scope and suppressor can also be used as weapons to "assault" someone upside the noggin.....

Heck, the gun case it comes in can also be used to "assault" someone and, by definition, makes it also an "assault" weapon....

Silly question.....virtually ANY inanimate object (and some animate objects) can be used as "assault" weapons if so inclined.....as Boston knows, cooking utensils can be "assault" weapons....I wonder if the meat cleavers and knives (kitchen utensils) used to decapitate the British soldier will be considered "assault" weapons......

Brian, take your 10/22 to Idaho and it is no longer an "assault" weapon, it magically becomes a "plinker".....You may favor the RED STATE semantic definition....

15. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Until it is used to "assault" some one or some thing, by having a projectile propelled down the barrel while the firearm in question is aimed at a living being, with felonious intent aforethought, NO, it is not an assault weapon, it is just a firearm. If it is used in a defensive manner, aimed at a living being with a projectile propelled down the barrel, it becomes a weapon, but a DEFENSIVE weapon. It remains at all other times merely a firearm, or precision tool, used to convey dedicated projectiles to a specific spot chosen by the operator of the firearm or precision tool.

16. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Not: It was not designed for military use

17. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

In the hands of a liberal it certainly could be! They regularly assault the sensibility's of others with nothing but a pen and paper. In fact I believe it is time to outlaw destructive modern instruments of communication in favor of the much less adaptable quill and ink well.

Robert

18. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Have you owned it since it was NEW? If you have you are the only one to know if it ever assaulted anyone. If it has not I don't consider it an "Assault Weapon" but the great leaders here in NY do.

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Obviously there a lots of deffinitions on 'assult weapons' but the one feature that makes some sense would be selective fire capability (full auto/single round)> I don't think you have taken your 10/22 to that level so no 'assult weapon' IMO.

I think I know where you are headed with this topic but we all know that any firearm can be used maliciously heck even the 'relic' black powder firearms of 2 centuries ago can be lethal. The issue is and has always been with the person handling the firearm rather than with the tool itself.

20. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You guys are missing the point: The first step in banning guns is to create arbitrary semantic definitions which will be accepted by the public. Hence, when a "mutant" uses a firearm in a commission of a crime, he becomes a "gunman" in the eyes of the liberal press. The goal is to have the public associate "guns" with criminals so no respectable person is associated with "guns." Their goal is to shift blame to the inanimate object and to censure those who own guns.

The "assault" weapons definition is more of the same. An arbitrary, left-wing attempt to create the public "mind set" that only criminals/criminally insane people are associated with "assault" weapons and no respectable person should own one.

Semantics are a powerful tool in marginalizing the opposition. The left-wing are masters at "politically correct speech." Don't buy in to their definition of "assault" weapons.....in my eyes, any implement used to "assault" others becomes an "assault" weapon, be it a screwdriver, hammer, ice pick, machete, baseball bat, scissors, car, etc.

Heck, after a large spicy Mexican food meal, Michael Moore's rear end becomes an "assault" weapon.