1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL I Shoot One Ounce Loads at Singles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I too have learned to like these loads. I buy them when ever they are in stock and on sale. I pay 3.78 box on sale. I also put the six point starting crimp on my loader and have loaded these shells with my favorite lite shooting load. down in the 1145fps range. $$ for $$ they are great.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

(deleted so as to not compromise the validity of this poll.)

Neil

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

let me ad, when I have enough in the budget, I will always shoot STS light target 1 1/8 7.5s. I have shot the game loads in league and club shoots but not ATA. It maybe a minor confidence issue but haveing that little xtra pellet count. keeps me knowing I missed couse I was not on it. with 1oz I might blame the ammo. I still like those game loads.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I would if they were mandatory!!

5. gamehog2

gamehog2 TS Member

Macllelan,

Hate to break the news to you but the pellet count in a 1 oz 8 and an 1 1/8 oz 7.5 is the same. I shoot 1 oz for both singles and handicap as well as
    Annie Oakleys. A, 25, A & have won the last 2 Annies I entered. Shoot with a K-80 TS and IM choke Smokes them even at the 27.

Difference for me is that I can keep my head on the gun and that is the difference.

Just my preference....
    Darrel

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

1oz does it all. Hell, 7/8s does most of it. If the gun shoots where you look 1oz is all you need.

JON

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I posted my 1st 100 straight with a 7/8 oz load, this load actually is right at the edge of what my scale will ready to and that is just over 3/4 oz,

so I am thinking that the load needed is all in ones head!

But that is just a thought!

Al

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Darrel, Mac here. That maybe so about pellet count but I just like 7.5s no matter the oz. I also did not know that. Any how, messing up the poll here. Sorry earl.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I shoot my own reload 1oz for singles, doubles and handicap for practice. For PITA compitition I use the same for singles and doubles but step up to 1 1/8 STS nitro 27's for PITA Registered Handicap.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The only way to go for me is 7/8's of 8.5 @ 1200fps. on the 16. No recoil and inks targets. Powder? I like Clays. I was using some old 7625, but I ran out and it's to costly.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Neil said!

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I shoot whatever W-Mart has on its shelves when I am there.
    I have noticed that the 1oz Game loads have "snappier" recoil than the 1 1/8oz STS Light Target loads....

I look at it this way: the slightly better patterns provided by the harder shot in the STS loads give me a bit more confidence than the soft shot in the Game/Sport loads....but under 20 yards, it makes very little difference on the score sheet.

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

One ounce for singles? Is there anything else?

MIA, I still use PB for everything. I know it's pricey these days but I don't get black combustion residue back in the action of my guns or on my hands from handling the fired hulls and it just works well.

Ed

14. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Shoot one ounce at all events and have gotten punched back to 27 yds using 1 ouncers.

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

1oz 8's for everything....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.