1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Do You Wear Blinders?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Title Says It All: Do You Wear Blinders On Your Shooting Glasses?

2. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Yes i do 42 years of using them

3. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

If you don't and have ever lost a target due to a distraction to the side that a blinder would have blocked you should.

and yes I do

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

No. Big distraction...normally wear regular glasses without them 14 hours a day...why fiddle with them to shoot trap? Seems like the only sport where you see them...how about the big money golfers? But this IS America! If you like 'em, use 'em...I am all for you. Best Regards, Ed

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

6. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

7. tj303

tj303 Member

Yes. Not so much to prevent distractions but to remove glare from the inside of lens. Blinders work better than non-reflective coatings. I also shoot in the winter and blinders cut down on wind and snow problems.

8. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Matt:

I do for the reasons Phil Kiner mentioned. I like them in wind and rain as well. When I represented Fiocchi, I use to make them out of the box tops. A shooter at the Grand asked me if we had any blinders in our building and I said no, one comes with every box and proceeded to cut two box tops of my shells and handed them to him. I told him he could customize where he put the holes to affix them to the glasses.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte NC

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Would not shoot without them for two reasons, block out the distractions and block out wind coming in from the side. My eyes seem to water bad with a side breeze.

10. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

yes. i miss just as many targets as when i don't wear them, but the American flag motiff makes me feel patriotic.
    This game <i>is</i> about feeling patriotic, not about hitting the damn target....isn't that right?

11. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Yes Matt...We both do. Washable ones we got from Dennis Cates.

Vern

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I started wearing blinders a long time ago. I was shooting a good handicap score,as I called for the target a gust of wind made my eyes tear up. I missed the target, I shot a 99 that day. I've worn them ever since.

Ajax

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Yes,

Some guys just can't stand still, some seem to busy themselves fumbling with stuff of some sort or another.

Many shooters heads are swivels, bobbing and looking everywhere except downrange, when it's their turn they shoulder the gun and call pull before their eyes have a chance catch up. Some mount the gun way early. Some guys talk to themselves.

A regular squad, not so much. ( people, watch a squad of All Americans and how still and intensely focused they are BEFORE their turn. It's an important aspect that is greatly overlooked.}

15. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Consensus so far is YES

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Yes. Why do they put them on a hitched horse, and buggy? Avoid distractions. I like to look out at the trap house and see only the field of vision, I need to see. There are times when the next shooter will close or even start mounting there gun when I call pull, or am swinging on a far angle bird where that could be a distraction. Also, keeps the wind, rain, plastic pieces from the ports, unburnt powder, etc., from the previous shooter from getting in your eyes.

I like that idea of putting them on a golfers hat. Like the clip on type being sold by Bob Schultz (TSG). I think that the golfing world would get a kick out of the first person on tour to wear them though. There first reaction of the gallery would be "What the"!
    [​IMG]

17. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Yes, to keep the sun and wind out and to keep from seeing the guy next to me doing the boogie dance.

Scott

18. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I wear the right blinder for singles and the left one for handicap. In doubles I wear both on the first trap and neither on the last fifty. Don't ask.

BB

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

O.K. I have to ask, is it because you are superstitious?

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yes for all the right reasons.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fiocchi blinders

olympic shooting why wear blinders for shooting

why do people wear blinders

why do target shooter have side blinders on glasses