1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Polk County FL Feb 19 Results

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by johnlhelm, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnlhelm

johnlhelm Member

I know some of our regular shooters were away at a chain shoot and some of the rest were probably scared away by the weather forecasts but we had 26 intrepid shooters show up and we had a fun day in spite of the clouds. It was mostly cloudy with a breeze that got stronger as the day went on. By afternoon shooters had to brace against the gusts but the rain held off untill we were done and even then it didn't rain much.

We had five squads for singles and Mike Theis was high with a 98. Mike has only been shooting a few months but I think it is time to move him out of C class. A class had a threeway tie at 92; Woody Sullivan, Kent Jespersen, and Larry Fields, B class was won by Gary Hemly with an 88, and D class by Howie Wittenberg (who shot his first registered 25) with a 87, Senior Vet was Chuck Loomis with a 95 and Vet was Tom Hooker with a 88.

We had three squads for Handicap and Mike Theis was high again with a 96, he got a 1/2 yd. punch to 18 1/2. Leo Derderian was high in the 21-23.5 group with a 86, Senior Vet was Chuck Loomis again with an 80 and Vet was Gary Hemly with a 79.

One squad shot doubles and Leo Derderian was high with an 86 (by that time the wind was getting troublesome).

Ely Joiner served up another good lunch with a choice of hamburger/cheeseburger or italian sausage w/ peppers & onions, all the fixin's and ice tea. Roger, our resident trap machine expert, was there early to ensure that the machines were set properly and throwing good birds and Jim Ehle helped with the scoring which was a tough job with the mix of sun and clouds that we had. It is help from people like this that makes for a good shoot, when you see them around the club give them a Thank You.

Mark your calendars for Mar. 18 and we'll do it again. I'm predicting sunny skies and calm winds (at least I can hope). I'll see you then. John Helm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.