1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Politically Incorrect Ithaca Model 37

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I am almost done converting my Ithaca Model 37 into a politically incorrect home defense riot gun. Politically incorrect for the following reasons:

A home defense riot gun with an 18.5 inch barrel and a 12 inch LOP. Sorry to all Liberals who do not believe in self defense.

Will reside in New Jersey. Sorry to the administration of New Jersey who denies and obstructs the 2nd Amendment.

Original gun was made in New York. Sorry Chuck.

Ivory grip cap. Sorry Jane. Thank you God for creating elephants and the other animals that were put on this earth to be used humanely for our benefit.

Will have Jostam recoil pad made in Chicago. Sorry Chicago.

I can only hope the wood was cut from an old growth forest. Sorry tree-huggers. Thank you God for creating the forests and the trees and giving them to us.

Used paint stripper and elbow grease to get rid of the old finish and electricity to power the hair drier to help speed up the refinishing process, all increasing my carbon footprint. Sorry Al.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the process of being refinished:

[​IMG]

2. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Well done on converting, your M37. I would like to have one like it. Mind you I have an M37 I just want it to be a field gun.

I will however be converting my older Browning A5 to the politically correct version like your M37 soon.

Did you know Browning designed the M37too? He did. Specifically to address the need of left handed shooters. Works well either way.

Randy

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Good job! Wayne

4. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

These last two photos are to give the Forum, and me, a preview of the finished stock/pad combination. Stock still needs a final buffing to remove the high gloss.

Putting the old Jostam on a riot gun configured from an old field gun can be thought of my contribution to the recycling effort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

When it grows up it will hold 8 rounds..........like all of my 37's do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

coverting my ithica 37 to a riot gun