1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Police State?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I found this while lurking around on other gun sites.

Doug Braker

All,

While I was driving south on 101 I passed by the Ikea store which has a big electronic sign.

There was one ad that said:

"$1000 REWARD For info on people with guns”

The sign had a silhouette of an AR and the logo for a police dept. The sign advised people to report gun owners at the following number 650 321 1112

Ikea appears to own the sign but they use a company called Smart Sign Media to take care of the ads that run. (800-549-7300)

I called Smart Sign Media and was told by "Cheryl" that the ad was placed by the East Palo Alto Police. They were offering up to $1000.00 reward.

I called the 650-321-1112 number and was routed to a lady in police admin at 650-853-3160. I could not get the lady's name but she told me that the program was designed to get the public to report young men who were seen with guns in the street.

When I asked her what happened with these reports she said that these were only considered “incidents" until an officer checked them out.

When I asked her what she meant by checking them out, she said they would dispatch an officer to the address and see if the person had the “proper paperwork" for the weapon. If not, they would confiscate the gun and hold it pending further investigation. At this point a true report would be filed.

When I asked her to define "proper paperwork”, the process for getting a gun back, etc. she got very evasive and said I had to talk to a sergeant. I was then left on terminal hold. I called back twice with the same result.

I need the following:

A. Include a request to have as many people as possible call 650 853 3160 and ask to speak to the sergeant on duty. Get as much info as you can about the program and the details.

B. Get people to start calling Ikea in East Palo Alto and find out why they are allowing this to go on.

C. Get this information out to as many other 2A groups as possible.

Many thanks,

Mark Towber

President

Golden State 2nd Amendment Council

2. southpark

southpark TS Member

It looks like an AK, not an AR.

I don't think there are any laws in California that require you to have "paperwork" for you guns, but I do believe police departments and DAs in this state are starting to use tactics like this as I have read about other incidents on calguns.net.

I doubt I could find a receipt for 1/4 of the guns I have.

And yes, I think we are getting closer and closer to a police state.

I am dreading the repercusions of all the powers we gave to the feds with the inept republicans that will then be abused when the democrats take over.

3. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Mark:
    We live in Alabama and we tried the 650-853-3160 phone number just now and got a recording that was in English and Spanish that said the office hours were 7:30AM -4:30PM. If you had an emergency call 911 or you could call 650-321-1112
    and speak with the sargent on duty. We decided not to call that number because you said you had call it and got the woman "who wouldn't give her name" and then was given the run around.
    I think you have several problems here one of which is:
    Won't give your name out when you answer the phone especially when it is a government office!
    No one wants to speak to someone asking pertinent questions.
    Sounds like a sting operation to us.

We would like to help. Alabama is a Right to Carry State unlike California with all of its rules and regulations on guns. Please respond to my email address above. I am a member of the Minutemen Militia as well.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Ellen,

The original post is a copy & paste from Golden State 2nd Amendment Council.

You can access the site by clicking on the website link above.

Doug

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Are we supposed to report policemen. They have guns.

6. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Doug,
    Thanks for the site. I think the Palo Alto Police think most people are stupid enough to answer that ad. I was terying to help you out. Sorry no one wants to answer the telephone properly or at all.
    Ellen

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    YOUR GUN PAPERS COMRADE CITIZEN!!!

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

And we know how you like cop,s

KEYBEAR

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

From the website:

VICTORY!!!

The sign advertisement was taken down around April 12th after all the complaints started to roll in!

We would like to thank our members and all the second Amendment Groups and individuals in California and other states who responded to our email blast, passing on the information, and most importantly, calling the East Palo Alto Police Department number.

United in purpose, we CAN make a difference!

10. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Sign this petition to register your support.

We, the undersigned residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, stand together in opposition to any efforts to infringe upon our Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Proposals like House Bill 760, which calls for a statewide registry of all guns and requires gun owners to renew their registration annually for a $10 fee per gun, do nothing to alleviate gun-related crimes. Instead, it only places more of a burden on law-abiding citizens who chose to own firearms.

We don't need more gun control laws in Pennsylvania, and we oppose any effort by the House Judiciary Committee to advance House Bill 760 or any other gun control measures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.