1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Police K9 units

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

I got to see a police shepherd run down and get a taste of a fleeing "Obama voter" yesterday. It was sorta like one of Neil's "Snowsnakes" picture progressions.

How did police ever get along without these? Best law-enforcement tool ever. (I don't think the guy enjoyed it much).

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Them K-9 officers (dogs) have to eat too you know ... My nephew has a dog and is on the K-9 unit, One Bad Assed Puppy ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Now buzz-gun,

How do you know it was an obama voter? Isn't that profiling? LMAO. I hope that puppy got to bite the alledged perp more than once!

ss

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Watching a good dog work is a thing of beauty.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Who cares if it really was or was not an Obama voter. Just thinking that the perp was an Obama voter makes the story better.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

He's probably not a voter at all (I'm guessing people trying to stay on the lam and avoid a warrant usually don't show up at polling places).

Short shucker, he only bit once. Like a well trained doggy - bite, then hold. Let the attacker furnish the motion that does the ripping and tearing...that makes it more tidy from a "legal" and "civil liberties" perspective, you know. The less you resist - the less you get hurt.

The best part was watching the pursuit - when you know the outcome is not in doubt. The perp was doing sorta ok on level pavement...but when he went into snowy, inclined grass...well, four feet are just better than two, I guess.
    The cop was just laying back a bit, talking on his walkie-talkie and keeping the dog in sight...I guess he wanted to make sure he had enough wind left to finish the job once he got there (I'm sure the perp probably figured out - the farther you get in front of the cop - the longer it takes the cop to get there and take that beast off of you!)

Like the muslim countries protesting the use of drones, I'm surprised you don't hear more of the ACLU types protesting the use of dogs by police. They're just so darn effective; the perps really don't have much chance once the pooch is on the job.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The K-9 units take their jobs very serious ... This is just training ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

[​IMG]
    This is one Bad Puppy ...

9. 6chuter

6chuter Member

We need some of those around here but we don't have a problem with Germans. :)

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Nice Doggie ... lol . WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.