1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Police don't like it when the table is turned!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Police don

It looks like the Boston police do not like it when they are on the receiving end of a FBI request to turn in their cell phones! I have to wonder how many other police officers that have tried to sieze citizens' phones would suddenly adopt the same stance as the Boston officers.

From an ABC news article:
    " Agents demanded the phones of all officers at the scene the night of the capture of Dzhokhar be confiscated to avoid the photos becoming public before being used as evidence at trial, according to two law enforcement officials.

"A FBI spokesperson said agents cannot confiscate phones without a warrant and officials said none of the police approached would agree to turn over their phones to the FBI."

Full article HERE

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some pigs are more equal than others.

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Careful Brian!

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Not sure what the point of this thread is regarding police being unhappy, etc.? The police officers are exercising their rights the same as the rest of us can and should do if asked to voluntarily hand over a phone.

"Tension" as stated in the article is nothing but media sensationalism. I bet the conversation went something like below:

FBI agent says... <i>"Hey guys, we all work together, we personally know most of everyone here, we see each other at our children's ball games and on Church on Sunday, etc..., an Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA) that we all know... is concerned that pictures will get out into the public, blah, blah, blah, so we are asking that you turn over your phones until the trial starts.

I (we) know that you guys are not going to do this, but we had to ask in order that "we" (federal government) can cover our butts if a bunch of pictures start getting leaked to the press. So who wants to turn over their phones? Yal, I didn't think so, just please don't start posting pics as none of us want to jeopardize the criminal case against this turd." </i>

I don't understand the hatred for law enforcement on a trap shooting site! If a cop demands your phone and you are too cowardly to say "Show me your warrant.." then hand over your phone and go hire an all to eager attorney to sue the Hell out of the city or county for intimidation, brutality, and whatever other BS the attorney can come up with!

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

When a person is too fat, sorry and lazy to work, they can always get a job as a cop.

GneJ

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

That is funny, are we talking about the average cop or the average trap shooting, union member?

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The FBI should have been more concerned that the "communication" link that was broken and allowed the two left wing nut jobs run amuck after they were warn by the KGB!! instead of worrying about "photos" taken by police officers!

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Did not realize there was so much hatred for police in the trap shooting community!

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Law Enforcement officers turning in dept' phones? No warrant needed. Their personal phones? Warrant needed.

A citizen refusing to give their phone to Law Enforcement after taking pics of Civil Rights violations by said Law Enforcement? Beat down, arrest, etc. Happens too often.

I respect and admire LEOS for their willingness to go in harm's way to protect me.

However, look at this from a reasonable person's perspective.

10. ErnieB

ErnieB TS Member

There is a long standing history of animosity between the Boston PD and the FBI. Stems back from the Whitey Bulger era.

11. joee12

joee12 Member

Not all police officers are fat and lazy......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.