1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Police did a great job in Tuscon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just heard the tapes- The first police supervisor was immediately on the scene and began a plan to control emergency vehicle routes

He blocked the appropriate avenues and called for more officer for traffic control

The fact that emergency vehicles were on the scene quickly and responders were on the ground allowed the saving of a lot of lives.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

And next time they will be on the scene from the beginning of the "event". Not a criticism, just a fact. This will be a nationwide SOP for police departments, I assume.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You can say and believe what you want but someone, somewhere will find a way around security to do something as terrible as this.

My point is the police, FBI or whoever has a job that is nearly impossible, thankless and criticized beyond belief but they still manage to do a good job in the long run. Compared to other countries ours is still one of the safest in the world.

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

I read somewhere that it is fortunate that the shooter didn't know how to make a bomb, or didn't run into the crowd with a stolen truck. If a nutball wants to kill and maim people, you can't stop them unless they announce their plans ahead of time.

5. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Too bad a legally armed citizen wasn't there to take out that scum bag and save the taxpayers a lot of time and money for a trial! His trial should start no later than Monday and he should be in the ground by Friday next! I don't care how bad he was treated and that his daddy beat him, he should be dead and buried, SOON! But he wont be!

6. bigk

bigk TS Member

The police may have done a sterling job of traffic control etc.,but now you will see those same police enforcing more gun control over law abiding citizens while they themselves are armed to the teeth. The people of your country need to take more control of the policies being put forward by numscull polititions who would have you unarmed and unable to protect yourself and your fellow citizens from such lunitics as this. That guy should have had his brains blown out after the first shot was fired. Any copycat idiots would think more before having a go themselves.

In England last year the police drove around after a crazed gunman for four or five hours before doing anything,while this b....rd shot more innocent people.If they had interveened maybe it would have effected his RIGHTS.

The greatest army in the world is unable to stop bombers and shooters in Irac and Afganistan who are hell bent on distruction. k

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

As much as it would have pleased me for some legally armed citizen to have shot this maniac can you imagine what the liberal press would have done to him after what they have done to Sarah Palin who was nowhere close to the scene?

I'm talking about what happened in Tucson, not sure about Tuscon, is that in Italy?

8. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Since Arizona has some of the most liberal gun laws in the country it is very likely that many of the people in the crowd were either armed or at the minimum had a CCP. Has anyone heard of a survey to find out who or how many people in the crowd had weapons.

9. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Since Arizona has some of the most liberal gun laws in the country it is very likely that many of the people in the crowd were either armed or at the minimum had a CCP. Has anyone heard of a survey to find out who or how many people in the crowd had weapons.

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Traders .... remember ... this was mostly a crowd bussed in by the Obama people.

Not very many Liberals carry!

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pity the deputies didn't proactively act to take this whacko in for a mental evaluation when he was threatening several people, instead of telling them it wasn't a big deal and they had things in hand.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They did interview one guy who claimed he was "just getting ready to draw (concealed)on him (Loughner)" when the other people jumped him.

13. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

As the police say "We can't be everywhere". That is why free men and women should be armed at all times. How many innocent people have been killed or injured because they have no way to protect themselves? Millions and millions. Our legislators should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue. The only great job the cops did was to write up the report after the event was over. Ask me how I really feel about this subject...BIG JIM

14. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Police investigate crime, they don't prevent it!

Ed

15. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

When u watch the true video before its edited you see the magazine being dropped and another being inserted then as hes about to drop the third a lady with grey hairgrabs the mag the gun is empty men jump him. I saw that twice at the beginning never again. One man said he had a gun and thought about what to do and saw the mag fall out and the shooter got grabbed and he didnt fire, I dont believe that one.
    A FIRST REPORT WAS SOMEONE IN THE CROWD SHOT AT him but it didnt happen.
    It takes nerve to shoot someone, Im not sure if thats the right word.Why wasnt there any one with a gun there.
    The dumbest remark after the shooting was from a NY Rep King, who should go back to learning school,to stop this from happening I will pass a law, no carrying firearms within 1000 feet of any congressman in a public or private area.

16. willing

willing Member

He was only several feet from the Congress woman and how many others and did all that firing in seconds. Can you imagine CCW people shooting at him??
    They might hit as many as he did. I would shoot at a bad guy if he was not near innocents but not in a group like was apparently there.

Bill

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

What a crock. The Sheriff completely ignored this crackpot after many death threats and mental episodes, lots of departmental contact with him. And when he finally went off all he could do was blame talk radio, Beck, Rush, and Palin.

Libspeak won't bring back the dead. The parents of the 9 year old girl don't think they did a good job.

Hell of a good job there, Sheriff Dupnick. Get a soapbox big enough to hide all the bodies.

HM

18. STOS

STOS Member

This thing would never have happened if dopenick had been doing his job.He should be held responsible for the murder of those six people.

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Close quarters like that return fire is not the answer, grab the weapon and control it and him.

Also, who in their right mind would sell that guy a gun if he walked into a gunstore looking like he does in that picture and acting and like that? I'm not saying necessarily deny someone the right to purchase just because of looks but damn common sense should come over profit. And yeh let the ACLU sue a gunstore for not selling a gun to a crazy like him.

And then there are the people that knew him and knew he had purchased a firearms. Shouldn't they alert the police that there was a nut running around with a pistol that had and was threatening people?

Before you jump on me I do put all the blame on the nut who did the shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.