1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Police Detain Driver With 37 Guns Found At LAX

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by geterdone, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geterdone

geterdone Member

http://cbs2.com/local/LAX.rifles.car.2.904356.html

Copy and paste the above link to your browzer for the article and news video.

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I wonder what he did WRONG??? Looks like so far nothing, unless it is illegal to have a loaded handgun in a vehicle in Calif??? Is it?

3. tdahlke

tdahlke TS Member

Continue reading that was the estimate not the end result. 16 guns in total were found 2 of which were loaded an antique musket and a revolver.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What a dumbass. Yeah, I've taken a lot more guns and ammo than that on recreational shooting trips. But I don't drive to the airport with them in the truck. WTF did he think was going to happen?<br>
    <br>
    BTW, the latest count is 16 guns, not 37. The cops assumed it was 37 because there were 37 gun cases.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    BTW, it's been the policy of the LAPD not to return confiscated guns, even when there hasn't been a conviction. Wonder if he'll get them back?

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

giterdone

"The link also had an video link to the news report. $50K Bail for him to get out of jail and the little problem that they reported he had an illegal assalt weapon in California. Now they are checking registration on all the weapons."

If you let that video run the little add for the game show comes back on and after it goes off. Another news clip about the LAX report come on and then it happens again 3 times in all all say a different thing.

One says it isn't illegel to brink guns on airport property. Another say he has been released. Go figure

Bob Lawless

7. SPD557

SPD557 TS Member

From what I read this guy did everything legal in reguards to transporting guns and ammo, they got him on Ca law says that if you have an assault weapon you can only transport it directly to and from a certified range inorder to shoot it.He is in viol due to going to the airport before the range. In Ca, if you legally own an assault weapon you cant just take it out into a field or into the forrest and shoot it. This place sucks!!!!!!

8. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

And I thought that NY was bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.