1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poli. rant: Time To Step Back

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by davidjayuden, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

After this election, or more specifically the rejection of a good man with experience, vision and character, and the selection of, well, you know, it is my opinion that the GOP should announce in the major papers what their core beliefs are now and will always be. Then they follow with the announcement of their plan to withdraw from future elections until such time that the country is more open to their message.
    My reasoning is this: We are headed for a train wreck, the likes of which we have never seen. We have staggering debt, our jobless numbers are bad and I predict that they will get worse, we are headed back into a triple-dip recession, etc, meanwhile we are pacified by legalizing pot, gay marriage, printing money that is barely worth the paper that it is printed on, making promices that we can not afford to keep, and on and on. We have an aging population with little savings and are now headed, full speed ahead, into ObamaCare, which we can not afford. The only industry we still command is the film industry, and we can't even drill for oil on our own ground.
    I could go on for hours, but why should we, the conservatives who are concerned with the future of the country, wind up with egg on our faces when things get really bad? I say step back and let them own it 100%.
    After all, they can only blame Bush for so long.
    dju
    P. S.: I feel better...

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Never going to happen.

The GOP strategy is to move more and more left to pick up votes from conservative liberals and the undecideds.

But whatever happens to the economy now is on Obama and the Dem's head. They'll try to blame Bush but Obama is going to own the previous four years.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BIO,,,,,,conservative liberal is an oxymoron,,,,,,or maybe just a moron.....;)

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    OK, would you settle for the less liberal wing of the Democratic Party?

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Republican - the party of stupid. They would rather lose being democrat light than win standing for constitutional conservatism.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Nothing that histrionic is necessary.

All that can be done now, is just continue to use Citizens United $$$ to attack moderate Republicans in low-turnout primary elections, as normal. It worked in bringing Obama's agenda to a halt before, and it will do it again. If we can't win an election, simply open the mud-slide and prevent him from making any progress. They can't really do much that is very controversial without some bipartisan support, because they want their own vulnerable members to be protected. Try as they might, they cannot "go it alone" on tax increases, no matter how many times they win the White House. Bipartisanship to them means, "Republicans help shoulder the load of passing tax increases, and take part of the blame for it."

So, we just don't participate. We have a two-party system. They need us, if they want to do anything like raise taxes. Continue to pick off moderate Republicans, and just don't participate. New government funding will grind to a halt.

Quit worrying about elections. The Midterms in 2014 will bring us a stronger majority in the House. It always brings more seats to the party that doesn't hold the Presidency. It's the sub-conscious system of American checks and balances that has been working for decades, and it will work now. There is nothing the Democrats can do about it.

Don't like my plan? Think it's uncompromising, hurts the country, and is selfish? Fine...go ahead and vote us out. You say demographics is going to relegate the GOP to the ash bin of history? Fine, get to it. See where you get with that. The two-party system guarantees we will always have a candidate on the ballot...and with the aid of Citizens United money, in low-turnout off-year elections, we're guaranteed to win enough to keep things gummed up real good.

Bring it on. Let's do this. Remember, you're the ones who care about the integrity of the Federal Empire. We, on the other hand, don't give a shat about it. We have our game plan, and if it turns out that Minority status is more effective in starving the beast than we could ever do when we had the White House...so be it! George Bush owned the castle for 8 years, and look what it didn't get us.

I, for one, am content to stand outside in the woods and shoot flaming arrows into the castle for a while. YOU care about the Mansion? Ok, it's your turn to defend, against Barbarians who don't give a rip. Consume your resources defending what you've built, against a horde who expends minimal effort to stymy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.