1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

polar fleece

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stu mackay, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

I am looking for a light weight very warm jacket in polar fleecw to use for trap shooting -goose hunting and steel head fishing. It needs to be a 5xl tall. Any ideas? thanks stu

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

See if this works. Otherwise, use Google.

http://www.casualmale.com/store/en_US/catalog/browse_product.jsp?clear=true&catID=cat3070188&id=cat3070194

3. k newman

k newman TS Member

kingsizedirect.com or cabela's. I am sold on polartec and cabelas does have some stuff that goes to 5 -- I where 3-4x. WIth the right underwear and a polartec pullover, I'm good on an all day hunt at 30 degrees. Below that, it's coat time.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Look for fleece clothing with a wind-stop lining. Fleece is warm but it's not really good at stopping wind.

MK

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Unknown1 is 100% right on his post. I have 3 fleece jackets that are warm but the wind goes right through them.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I believe Polartec went out of business a couple years ago. Couldn't compete with the cheap stuff that wasn't as good.

7. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Polartec is still in business, I believe that several years ago a fire wiped out one of or the one factory that makes the material but they have recovered and as you said make the best fleece.

8. mt6

mt6 TS Member

Good products and service.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I can find lots of nice fleece jackes that seem perfect except for their collars. I just want a short soft collar that doesn't get in the way when I mount the gun. I can't find one. I can't even find them on 'baseball jackets' in the sporting goods stores. My old 'baseball jacket' is falling apart, but I keep using it because I like that collar.

10. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Check out Shoot The Moon Shooting Apparel. They made me an awesome RED shooting jacket that fits me like a glove! The polar fleece keeps me warm in New England with only a silk undershirt and a lightweight shooting shirt. I love it!

http://shotgunveststm.com/

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

eBay may help you find something. I've found stuff as "NIB" in Patagonia for a fraction of the overpriced retail asking and selling. Other brands: North Face, Cabelas, etc.

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Layer instead. I use a thin wicking undershirt and a fleece 1/4 zip on top of it. Then you can use a shirt or jacket as an outer layer. Thisd way you can varyu the weight of either under layer OR the shirt or jacket. I hunt like this in all weather up to the low'20s when I add a light jacket. You can regulate your temperature further by zipping the fleece underlayer turtle-neck up or down.

I have been doing this for a lot of years. It really works.

13. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Stu, here's where I get my stuff, and I'll bet they have just what you're looking for. I'm a 4XLT, and these folks specialize in the GOOD stuff in OUR sizes....AND at sale pricing! Please ask for Joe, and tell him Rick Van Aller sent you. ....Rick

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

For Christmas this year, Cabela's is giving away the Richard Simmons dvd (Sweatin' to the Oldies) for any clothing bigger than 2XL.

Curt

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Berettausa on line, under fleeces. "Victory" shooting jacket. I have one and I like it. I also have a fleece Orvis which I like better but I think they discontinued it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

4xlt polar fleece

4xlt polar fleece jacket