Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

polar fleece

5K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Barry C. Roach 
#1 ·
I am looking for a light weight very warm jacket in polar fleecw to use for trap shooting -goose hunting and steel head fishing. It needs to be a 5xl tall. Any ideas? thanks stu

#9 ·
I can find lots of nice fleece jackes that seem perfect except for their collars. I just want a short soft collar that doesn't get in the way when I mount the gun. I can't find one. I can't even find them on 'baseball jackets' in the sporting goods stores. My old 'baseball jacket' is falling apart, but I keep using it because I like that collar.

#10 ·
Check out Shoot The Moon Shooting Apparel. They made me an awesome RED shooting jacket that fits me like a glove! The polar fleece keeps me warm in New England with only a silk undershirt and a lightweight shooting shirt. I love it!

http://shotgunveststm.com/

#12 ·
Layer instead. I use a thin wicking undershirt and a fleece 1/4 zip on top of it. Then you can use a shirt or jacket as an outer layer. Thisd way you can varyu the weight of either under layer OR the shirt or jacket. I hunt like this in all weather up to the low'20s when I add a light jacket. You can regulate your temperature further by zipping the fleece underlayer turtle-neck up or down.

I have been doing this for a lot of years. It really works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.