1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poison, Powder Components & the MSDS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Alno, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alno

Alno TS Member

You can get the MSDS, Manufacturers Safety Data Sheet, from the companies that make the powder; they are required to furnish it to you. The MSDS gives the composition and percentage of each chemical in the powder product. Please note that at least one of the common components is listed as a carcinogen, dinitrotoluene. Hope washing hands, not smoking will save us. Also note that the smoke out of these smooth-bores contain more highly-reactive chemical intermediates than the CDC has republican viruses.

2. peavine

peavine TS Member

What's your 10-20? Come on back. Jonathan Taylor(oh yeah, stop eating hot dogs too)

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Alno is really "All-No". He is a cranky old troll. Do a search on him and see for yourself. 4 posts since he started two weeks ago and all are anti gun comments he pulled from some website. Forget the jerk

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

And lead can kill us too. That is why the pointy end goes downrange.

I try to get most of my components into the reloads I make. Keeps costs down and I hate cleaning up. That was a real challenge with the MEC9000G but she is gone - boy that bitch hated me.

Never considered ingesting any powder. Although I may have swallowed a #6 pellet once from eating game but that was a while ago. Could explain why I cannot remember birthdays.

I knew that foul smell coming off those Top Guns had to be bad for me. I tried wearing a double cannister respirator but it really screwed with my head mount so I mounted a little battery powered fan to my hat. When I look down to load the next shell, it blows those nasty fumes away. It was kind of distracting so it has a mercury switch so the fan only runs when I tilt my head down. Saves a bunch on batteries too that way.

Had to short around the switch at the Grand though. There were so many sweat bees that I had to run it constantly to keep the little beggars off the rib. I added two more batteries in series to get more air flow, but wound up burning up the piece of crap Chinese fan before the Grand Handicap event.

Don Verna

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, it's easy to tell the anti-gun people by their posts. What these trolls do not know, though, is that they are showing their hand (their potential arguments) to quite a few intelligent shooters. We have chemists, bioengineers, and scientists in our ranks as well.

Thanks, Alno...we know one of your arguing points now, so we won't get blindsided with it later. Keep tipping your hand for us, would you?

Don, great comback.

6. recurvyarcher

Oh, and s/he forgets to tell you that most modern powders no longer contain DNT.

On the other hand, it is commonly used to make plastics, foams, and dyes. You know, like the foam that goes into your FURNITURE.

If the libs try to ban gun powder based on that argument, we'll all have to go back to sitting on wooden benches and having feather mattresses and bedding.

Breath deeply when you go to sleep on that pillow tonight, and make sure to pull that synthetic down comforter up *real closely* around your neck if it's cold.

7. recurvyarcher

Oh, I forgot...don't forget to NOT EVER have an accident. DNT is a component used in your car to deploy your air bags.

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

DV--What bank were you shooting on?? I think I saw you. LOL-Too much, Bob

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Bob,
    Shot mostly banks 10-16.

It was my first Grand and it was a great experience. Did the shoot off thing under the lights. First time for that too.

Missed the GAH. Wally World didn't have any fans so I had to leave early.

I got to meet Martin too. Felt bad for Devi, she was hobbling around on a cane. Some story about falling off a horse but I think Martin must've done something. Anyway, I was a newlywed long ago. If I acted that way at my age, I would need more than a cane. It does make me a bit envious though. Bless them both. Nice to see two people in love instead of the old pharts I normally meet at this game.

Don Verna

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Don, I said that in jest obviously. But I also was on some of the same banks for several days. Down to the 20's only twice I think.

My first trip to Sparta and being older since my last trip to Vandalia I found Sparta much more convenient. As close as I got to the shoot-off area was the beer counter.LOL Very enjoyable though.

I got to meet Devi but not Martin yet. That gives me an excuse for a return trip. Be careful about the cane remarks, my Wife was on one there having had a hip replacement a month earlier. I would be one of the old farts you speak of.

Shoot well and enjoy, Bob

11. recurvyarcher

Yep...it's those legs of martin's. Nice-lookin' they are. plus, he loves me even when I'm broken.

It was great seeing y'all, and we look forward to it again next year. Out camper spot has changed, permanently, to the first one on that same road. You are always welcome! Bring cash...LOL!!!

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Alno,

Your churlish anti-gun incendiary attack was for naught. It was doomed from the first note. We here at TS.com have our own attention-seeking missile, with a Halon-charged kill vehicle affixed in the nose right behind the multispectral gimbal-mounted moonbat seeker...and as you see, it's readily-deployable for immediate effect.

Another liberal muckraking attempt, enveloped by the fog. Tch.

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

AH CRAP! I knew I shouldn't have been snorting all those Federal papers upon firing for all those years. Well, guess I have nothing to loose now....

What do all ya reloaders find to be the tastiest powder? My favorite is Unique.

14. Alno

Alno TS Member

Well, thanks for the warm welcome. Don't know why you would attack me personally instead of the info I furnished. I offered no opinion, it was pure fact and I gave a reference. And Gee, I'm not anti-gun. Far from it. Why jump to this conclusion, Obamanoia? Why treat a new trapshooter like this? And the original post was only meant to add information about "detonation" versus "deflagration" versus brittle metal, versus poor reloading technique argument that has been going on in your forum.

And having first hand knowledge about lung cancer and skin cancer, it occurred to me that when you use a can of yellow spray paint containing chromium and the label says "use with adequate ventilation", they are not kidding. Same with powder, "wash your hands", they are not kidding. What's wrong with me reminding you they are not kidding?

This must not be the friendliest gun forum on the web. Ok keep it that way, I won't be back.

15. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I don't worry about all that stuff any longer.

I've come to the conclusion that LIFE CAUSES DEATH.

Whiz

16. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Alno, not take this personal, but your "facts" have been proven just to be "political" hokus pokus!

In our present climate, no pun intented, the TRUTH has to be searched for, it is well hiddened by the media and our public school system.

17. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

Anything that smells as good as Federal papers has to be good for you. Larry

18. JACK

Alnot. You are . My email is all over this forum and I am open to PMs. Talk like a person that shoots and dial me up. But I do nto think yu are a shooter.

Jack

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

MIA: Careful now... not to be calling someone "full of crap." Be kind!

20. JACK

Ah, so. and so it is written...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.