1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Point of Impact

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by butcher, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

In general, if you shoot the pattern board from 32 yards and the center of your pattern is 7 inches higher than point of aim, what would be your pattern percentage?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If you just stick with seven -inches-high at 32 yards, charger, you can't go wrong.

If you need to know percentage for some reason, the link above will spell it out. Use a 75% pattern diameter of about 26 inches.

Neil

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

4. butcher

butcher Member

Neil, why do you say 7inches high you can't go wrong when so many hot shots shoot 90/10 or higher? At some of the clinics they set your gun to shoot 90/10 before you go shoot at the targets.What would be the advantage?

I used to have to shoot the beads lined up or in a figure 8. I Bought a KX-5 and had to raise the comb where I see the whole rib and lots of space between beads to shoot where I'm looking.I see the target much better and get to respond faster to it.

5. RAScott

RAScott Member

I just came from the range from install a pfs stock, this week, and i raised my rib on my single barell so that my head was in a more upright position. i fired it and to my suprise it was shooting flat. What is the optimum shooting level? do you believe that 7" over is a good setting?

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Seven inches high is much more accurate and repeatable than a percentage. I have seen several fine shooters who could glance at a target and conclude it was 90/10 or 80/20 without counting any holes. When I looked at the same patterns I could not tell where the center of the pattern was within a couple of inches accuracy.

In terms of accuracy, I do not think any gun can shoot two consectuve patterns that are both 90/10. If a gun does shoot an exact 90/10 pattern, it would be due to luck.

Pat Ireland

7. RAScott

RAScott Member

i am goint to set up the gun to the original drop at the comb before the pfs and see where the poi is from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.